• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BR Type L-2 - American Pad & Textile Co. 1945 mod. It's here

A

Anonymous

Well, It arrived today. AWESOME !! I just love what BR do. I can't compare it to an original as I've never seen one. It's very light, fits maybe one size up compared to later L-2's and maybe an inch longer.

Before you all shout "PHOTOS", I need to get my Skyline out from the attic and get comparison photos AND find my download cable :( It's gone MIA.

Watch this space..............................

Dave :D :D

Cobblers161

Hey Dave, did you go a size down on this one? I tried a 42", my usual size, on at American Classics and it was wayyyyy big. The 40" fit's right in the sleeves, body length and shoulders but is a trim fit round the waist. That of course can be put down to an authentic fit meets a pot belly....

Yeh pics please!

A

Anonymous

Yep, Cobbs, I did order down a size from what I would have otherwise ordered. I'm normally a 44-46 chest but with broad shoulders. But this 44 (the only one left I believe) fits great right across the board.

It never ceases to amaze me the variations in sizes of the jackets for the same label size.

Dave :D

greyhound52

Buzz makes a darn good repro of the L-2. Here is my original L-2 made by Reed. When compared with the BR it is darn close to being just like the real thing.

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

A

Anonymous

THAT is one hell of a good looking jacket greyhound. Lucky man ! I can't believe how mine looks EXACTLY like yours.

I have always had a problem finding leather jackets I'm happy with but of all the Buzz cloth and nylons, there's none I don't really like. They all seem to be 10 outof 10's. Maybe the issue with leather is the grain etc. finding an A-2 that looks as good from 6" away as it does at 6' is a nightmare. And the shearlings are not the most comfortable jackets even if they look great. It also has to get pretty cold in order to wear one. Somethng we don't seem to get in the UK any more. I shoulda stayed in Canada !

Thanks for the photos Greyhound. Quality pics as always.

Dave

Peter Graham

JACKET_ HEAD said:
Before you all shout "PHOTOS", I need to get my Skyline out from the attic and get comparison photos AND find my download cable :( It's gone MIA.

Watch this space..............................

Dave :D :D
Still not found that cable then ?

A

Anonymous

No, not yet Peter. Photos still sit in my camera. I've been gradually trawling through my attic looking for the mutli-card reader that cost me a small fortune. I may have to swallow hard and buy a new one so that the old one shows up !

Dave :ugeek:

Cobblers161

You can upload them direct from the camera via the same cable.

Not that there's any desperation to see the jacket, honest.

A

Anonymous

Not with this poxy camera I can't. The reason I need the card reader is because I lost the camera download cable and it is not the standard one, it's a makers special - which they can no longer replace DOH !

A lil' stoopid I may be but that punchdrunk I ain't !

rich

OK, to buy Dave some time from the angry mob, here are a few pics of my Buzz L-2B, it's an XXL - I'll post the dimensions if anyone wants them. It's a generous cut, but as it's so thin, very comfortable to wear with a top beneath. Quick Dave, don't know how long it'll hold 'em..................

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

l5.jpg

l6.jpg

Weasel_Loader

Rich,

That's an awesome Buzz L-2B. I've been thinking about trying the XXL but wonder if it'll be too short like the original XLs that I've owned. :roll:

rich

I'm 6' Danny and it fits really well with something like a sweatshirt underneath - the length is just like an A2 really. I've also recently picked up a 1958 Albert Turner MA-1 in a Large and it feels too short in the body compared to the Buzz, I'm not sure I'll keep it. A shame because it's in superb condition, I don't think it can have been issued - the knits are flawless, I lack the judgement to know if they're replacements but I don't think they are. If you want I'll crawl over the L-2B with a tape measure, just let me know. :)

Weasel_Loader

rich said:
I'm 6' Danny and it fits really well with something like a sweatshirt underneath - the length is just like an A2 really. I've also recently picked up a 1958 Albert Turner MA-1 in a Large and it feels too short in the body compared to the Buzz, I'm not sure I'll keep it. A shame because it's in superb condition, I don't think it can have been issued - the knits are flawless, I lack the judgement to know if they're replacements but I don't think they are. If you want I'll crawl over the L-2B with a tape measure, just let me know. :)

That's okay Rich, I ain't got the money anyway right now for a Buzz L-2B. I just picked up a nice D model MA-1 in XL. I never liked the fit on early (late 50s MA-1s), but the early to mid 60s MA-1s fit me great. ;)

A

Anonymous

It never ceases to amaze me the variation of fit between jackets of the same spec be they leather or nylon or cloth. You'd have thunk that the idea of the spec' was to get uniformity.