• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a BR B-15D (mod)

Rutger

Brand new one with single patch from 71st Bombardment Squadron Tactical, name tag (still without a name thankfully) in plastic holder and ranks of major on shoulders.
Size is extra large. I won't remove the patch (would have liked it even more without it) because it will leave a telltale track of small holes.
Fit is fine, but what a heavy jacket it is. Considering it is an intermediate jacket and the L-2 is a light weight jacket, the difference is quite large if compared with a CWU-45 and a CWU-36. I have an MA-1 from the late sixties which would be an ideal step between the B-15D and the L-2.
The heavy filling and rather wide arms make notable tunneling of the arms inevitable, my guess is that the filling is not sewn to the wrists where it meets the cuffs.
The overall feel of the jacket is that of hight quality, it's certainly not flimsy stuff.
I'm not sure about the feel of the Alpha reproduction, it would be interesting to have them compared I think. Maybe the Alpha will have a cut and choice of materials that is more aimed at today's fashion and comfort wishes?
I'm very happy with it, bought it on Ebay-Germany, and the price tag of slightly over $300 including shipping is well worth it.

I've added a picture, will in the future add some wearing it so others may compare how it fits and if they like the style of it.

Rutger

BqJ5vgCGkKGrHqMH-D8Eu0v5itBLuhINiWW.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Rutger said:
I'm not sure about the feel of the Alpha reproduction, it would be interesting to have them compared I think. Maybe the Alpha will have a cut and choice of materials that is more aimed at today's fashion and comfort wishes?

Great jacket, Rutger ... that was a good deal, and yes, wearing pictures would be great.

Compared to Alpha? There's nothing wrong with the Alpha cut, they've made a few, but VINTAGE SERIES, with polyester fibre fill ... yes, the Buzz is far superior. REPLICA SERIES however, with the correct cotton backed wool interlining, heavy nylon, wool knits, good zipper ... the Buzz is still a better jacket, but not by a country mile.

Peter Graham

A fine jacket Rutger. If the patches bother you I would remove them while the jacket is new before there is any fading. Patches removed from nylon jackets leave very little evidence if you do it carefully and go over the area afterwards with a cool iron. I've owned an Alpha replica B-15D mod and a Buzz Lion uniforms MA-1. I now own an original B-15D mod and I have to say that the Buzz jacket was the most substantial of the three as far as weight and thickness of the nylon go. The Alpha was a good jacket but had quite a modern cut especially in the arms. The Buzz was also a bit blousy in the arms. The original is the only one of the three with a true military cut, understandably.

watchmanjimg

Atticus

I think I'll photoshop a vintage-looking photo of Yeager or somebody wearing a pink poka dot L-2A and then I'll post it somewhere on the 'net. Wonder how long it will be before Rickson "reproduces" a limited edition of the rare pink poka dot L-2A?

AF

rich

Atticus said:
I think I'll photoshop a vintage-looking photo of Yeager or somebody wearing a pink poka dot L-2A and then I'll post it somewhere on the 'net. Wonder how long it will be before Rickson "reproduces" a limited edition of the rare pink poka dot L-2A?
AF

Here you go AF ........... yours for 94,000 yen (shipping and tax extra).

l1copy.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
I don't know if you like to participate in dares, Geoff ... but do you spend much time in the courtroom?

Peter Graham

Brilliant Rich, you're a whizz with photoshop. I would say that the photo is a hoax. Buzz are trying to justify the strange and colourful creations of their Japanese minds. As Jim says, why make a bright red flight jacket ? And yet, why those baby blue NASA jackets......

A

Anonymous

Peter, I suppose that NASA could afford to go with 'sky' or 'upper troposphere' blue as a statement and with the sure knowledge that nobody will be shooting at them (aliens excepted of course), whereas the military are expecting incoming and something a little less 'look at me' is in order. Just a thought......

The red MA-1's though have to be fake. :lol:

Dave

ausreenactor

Gents...

That is the rare riding Jacket for an exclusive Tokyo Horseracing syndicate. It was custom designed
in Silk by BR. Matching B-5 Helmet out there somewhere too!! :D (Great work on the pic too!!)

Couchy