• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

blood chit

dujardin

and this is the blood chit.
evolution - step by step

4747664917_9f140e1404.jpg

4747665059_f81c399090.jpg

4752967048_b008f9a313.jpg

4752967446_e32844fcd3.jpg

4752967602_051a58cbd2.jpg

as soon as i have other photos, i will complete the post.
come back to see the final act

byebyeeeeeeee marcel

Silver Dollar

It looks great. I did one of those also. Getting the stars straight and uniform is a job. The last one I did came out with 47 1/2 stars. How that happened, I'll never know.

atkins

Silver Dollar said:
It looks great. I did one of those also. Getting the stars straight and uniform is a job. The last one I did came out with 47 1/2 stars. How that happened, I'll never know.

:lol: :lol: , Thanks Silver Dollar, i said to Marcel, i still seeing stars till now :mrgreen:

Oscar

ties70

Cool stuff, Oscar!

I definitely need a sewing machine in the next months....

Ties

atkins

ties70 said:
Cool stuff, Oscar!

I definitely need a sewing machine in the next months....

Ties

Me too, but nowhere near any info of most useful one single sewing machine for leather . There's a Singer with embroidery capabilities but i don't think it can pierce through leather. Wonder what's JC and Mark use for their beautiful jackets.

Silver Dollar

I used to use a regular Singer with a leather needle and some sturdy thread. The hardest part of sewing anything on is making sure you can turn the jacket evenly on the machine. I guess the best explanation would be it should have a long throat so the entire jacket can clear the needle. Sewing on shoulder patches is harder than the breast patches. At least it was for me.

atkins

Here's the finished Blood Chit:

4799235224_08ef876d18_z.jpg

I tried to make the Chinese character as close to Marcel's initial picture:
4798667713_8e568a8b3f_m.jpg

Comparing it with:
4798673757_b579125d63_m.jpg

4799306862_2e6a7f8a51_m.jpg

Just a tought, a very genius way to communicate !

Thank you for the opportunity Marcel!
Oscar

442RCT

Remarkable job Oscar.
I've been buying cheap blood chits made in Mexico (at least the seller is in Mexico).
They aren't as well made as yours. I've been buying them and cutting the US flag out to use as shoulder patches and repainting over the leather :oops:

atkins

Thanks Gents, i just wish the my old Singer machine is still around, it'll be a great help. I also asked a friend who reads Chinese characters but she's hasn't correct it yet, i think basically the character is right just the...'fonts' is different. Genius!

dujardin

hellooooooooooo Oscarr,

wow, what a great news....
i'm just back home from my holydays and you offer me this great news.
wowwwwwwwwwww, i'm happy.

this will give Murielle some works again.
sew the blood chit, restaure the jacket

and also replace a zipper on a new jacket i have; an original B-10 (i will make a post on this jacket)

thanks again for your good work my dear.

i will write you soon, no noooo; not a postcard :lol:

byeeeeeeee marcel

atkins

Murielle will sew it on? Please tell me she will use a sewing machine my friend, There will be a 4mm thickness of the leather...

dujardin

atkins said:
Murielle will sew it on? Please tell me she will use a sewing machine my friend, There will be a 4mm thickness of the leather...

hello Oscar,

yes she will use a sewing machine.
just hope her machine will be strong enough to realise the work.

if not.... by hand; with little magic fingers, lot's of time and sometimes blood.

i will keep you informed of the evolution

see you next
byee

M