• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelsco - which A2 to buy?

NW Carver

Okay guys, am thinking of buying another repro A2 to replace my Aero Bronco Russet (HH) which I have hardly worn due to the fact that it now comes up large on me (its a 42inch chest), and my girlfriend calls it a 'pimps jacket' as the russet looks too red :))

So, I really want a GW (Doniger or Poughkeepsie would be great) but the construction time, cost (£669) and import duty into the UK (around about the £100 mark) would make this approx £769 before any shipping cost...which is a little too much for me to bear at present...

Eastman's jackets I can never seem to get to fit right - they are either slightly too big or too tight. In fact, a sales one (£499) that I tried on at Gary's stall was great leather and had the look I was after but was just too tight, i.e. I could do it up over a shirt but it was tight and hard to move my arms...shame as it was a great jacket!

So, I am thinking of either a Ralph Lauren A2 (yes, I know..sacrilege...but it looks good, I can pick one up cheap, and its not too far of the mark...and the girlfriend has heard of this one) or a Bill Kelsco...

The Bill Kelsco's I have been looking at are either the ARCO contract (presume this is meant to be Aero?) or their own design - but can anyone please confirm what jacket is Bill Kelsco's design based on, what leather is it and how this fit comes up? Is it tight/slim fight or bigger etc...:)

Any help gratefully received...thanks all

A

Anonymous

hi, I guess I am the reight person to answer this
the Bill Kelso house is actually the 27752 pattern. Don't let the photos on the website fool you, they haven't been updated for ages.

ARCO is the AERO as you correctly guessed.

The leathers are nice and don't worry about the fit, they are fully customizable.

monk

I just received my Dubow from BK. Outstanding jacket! I have no problems with the fit, off the rack 48. You cannot go wrong with a Kelso.

CBI

Monk -please post some photos. Based on the BK website - I really like the look of their Dubow 1755 in seal brown. If I had some extra cash on hand, I would order one.

monk

47d7ae37.jpg

Dubow 27798

monk

I'll post better photos later. I'm very happy with the jacket. Outstanding craftmanship and attention to detail.

CBI

nice! Seems that BK is a great buy in its price range and slightly above. Congrats!

NW Carver

Thanks for the replies and pictures guys, and thanks Platon for getting back to me-Looks like a great jacket! :)

dmar836

Have you posted these in the other BK threads? Many are eagerly awaiting reports on BK's A-2s!
Good stuff,
Dave

ties70

monk said:
I just received my Dubow from BK. Outstanding jacket! I have no problems with the fit, off the rack 48. You cannot go wrong with a Kelso.

Monk,

could you post the measurements, please?

Best regards

Ties