• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Big Beautiful Doll"... P-51 with lots of "drama"

ties70

Hi,

as the last Mustang was lacking some dramatic background, I have tried another one:

doll_2.jpg

BBD, flown by Col. JD Landers makes a kill.
I have found a picture like mine in another forum, and found it pretty impressive...had to make my own version.

doll_1.jpg

Sorry for the poor photo quality but my pictures are getting too big to fit on my scanner...

Take care and have a great week!

Ties

EMBLEMHUNTER

Very nicely done Ties , the painting has a "movement" feeling to it , that is one good talent to have , if it "appears" to move , not easily mastered , I used to paint oils of fighters/bombers and didn't do too bad , but got busy with leather patches and got away from the oil paintings .
Keep up the good work !
Johnny

CBI

Ties - Nice technique. As you stated, the original image is online. The artist is John Wallin Liberto. He is a terrific digital artist and a prince of a guy based on my communications with him. I own one of his large prints as well as an original pencil sketch.

Here is a copy of the original.

His aviation pieces can be seen on aviationarthouse.com

watermark3php.jpg

442RCT

Ties, fantastic paint job ;) :) . Getting the paint schemes on the planes when it's angled like that is very difficult.