• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best leather for painting jacket art

a2jacketpatches

Great Jacket, if a guy sent me that photo and said this is what I want, no more or less, that's what he'd get for about 150- plus the return shipping of his jacket. I really don't meant to sound as if I'm at odds and disagree with everyone. But I am trying to clear up some misconceptions concerning jacket art and the modern artist. In the quote I used, it really does say the artist "wants to" and the "art of knowing where to stop is lost". Actually, I'd rather do 10 jackets comparable to "Partial Payment" than a single super detailed tribute jacket.

Original wartime jacket = Folk Art

Modern tribute jacket = Fine Art

Both are well done, neither overdone, just two different animals.

Agreed?

a2jacketpatches

Ok, whether agreed or not, Folk art, fine art, and commercial art are three different animals, period. To hire an artist for whatever style, is commercial art, fact. I'm not gonna throw a bunch of IMO's around because that's what confuses the issue. I found a blog that can put all opinions to rest and left him this message-

"I like what you're doing here, It is the essence of A-2 Jacket Art, folk art by definition. You give some good basic instructions for the do-it-your-selfer, and if using oil based paint, enamels or tube, the results would be as accurate and traditional as humanly possible, regardless of artistic ability. I will take the liberty of posting a link in a forum I belong to"

Here's the link,
http://a2jacketnoseart.blogspot.com/

Simply, do it yourself for dead on accurate, without a doubt, a2 Jacket art possible. You can use whatever paint is available, with whatever talent you have, and there it is. No trained artists to overdo anything, no airbrush, no synthetic paint brush bristles, the turn around time is up to you, and best of all, free!

Or, commission a commercial artist with specific instruction to replicate whatever design and style you prefer.

FlyingYankee

Dan painted this one for me. Was waiting for me when I did my last tour in Iraq, I went into the bombed out palace of Saddams son Udey the torturer.
232323232%7Ffp635%3B%3A%3Enu%3D674%3A%3E%3A95%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D355937%3C26534%3Anu0mrj