• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belstaff RAF Button Blouston (?!?)

aerob6girl

I'm a HUGE fan of Uncrate, they showcase a ton of really interesting things that I like to look at or add to my wish list. But, as a jacket collector, this really chafed me: Uncrate tends to feature a few garments in a collection feature and I spotted what we would all spot as an A-2. The Belstaff company is marketing a jacket that's basically an A-2 pattern as such: "Belstaff RAF Button Blouston".

Pardon my French boys, but what the eff?

Check out this link: http://www.belstaff.com/index.php?page= ... Itemid=492

I was a little insulted. As far as I'm concerned, RAF applies to IRVIN. Not an A-2. At all. No offense, boys. And blouston? Geez, I can't even deal.

Thoughts? Comments? Perhaps I'm a mark too sensitive? Ps, I missed you guys! Sorry I've been away for a bit.

aerob6girl

I should clarify: I was only insulted that yet another fashion company didn't use the correct historical reference for their product - not that an A2/Irvin be confused. I feel they are both remarkable jackets. An Irvin is on the top of my jacket wish list :)

havocpaul

First thing to remember is that Belstaff is no longer the legendary British manufacturer of motorcycle clothing, they are now an Italian fashion house and therefore have lost the real heritage they once held...more like outfitters to the stars these days! If they mean RAF then it should have been in capitals not Raf. However, the Irvin isn't the only flight jacket the RAF have used, currently there is the MK3 that has been around for several decades. Belstaff have clearly used the A-2 style but not that term, there have been other Italian A-2 style jackets before, after all, it is a classic 'design'. I wouldn't get too heated over it!

aerob6girl

Good to remember about Belstaff, as well as the other jackets! Thanks Paul! :) I'm not too heated, no worries. Just struck me I guess!

fishmeok

Wow, that is a terrible A-2. From the pics it looks like something from "Wilsons" circa 1992. Looks all hipster to me, with the skin tight fit that the kids seem to like these days. But then again, it IS made out of "New Replica Leather"... :roll:
Cheers
Mark