• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belstaff manufacturer

cgreen

Hi Everyone,

Happy Fourth of July, and Happy Canada Day to those in North America. This might be a long shot but does anyone know who would have produced leather jackets for Belstaff in the 1970s? My presumption is they were made in the U.K., but that could be wrong.

Your thoughts are appreciated, thank you.

Chris

Dany McDonald

AS far I as know, 70's UK, 80's some were made under license in Australia by Driza-Bone. I have both and the Aussies were out of this world with the quality of their cotton, thick and mega smooth. That doesn't mean that the English Belstaff were of lesser quality, just different. Actually, the very last Trialmaster jacket in grey, available in Canada in the late 80's, made in UK, were very close to the Driza-Bone ones.

D

Last edited:

cgreen

Thank you Dany, so Driza-Bone was the Australian manufacturer selling Belstaff in Australia, or did they send them back to U.K. to be sold there?