• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beautiful Patch!!!

CBI

funny,I used to own this exact 15th bullion patch. I added the leather roundel to it as you could see, the original boarder is all messed up. it was sewn on a GW A-2 for a while and looked really cool. Later sold the patch on eBay - I guess to this guy who is now selling it. I am sure this was mine as there was the same small round hole on the upper right portion of the felt. Funny, I just saw this patch yesterday on eBay after my first visit (to eBay) in a long time.

Which command patch is this and does anyone have another image of this insignia?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auth-WW2-Theate ... 1c2f370509

SuinBruin

The period bullion patches I've seen haven't had backing on them... whereas most of the modern Asian fakes do. I don't know if the ATC patch is fake or not, but the backing gives me pause.

A

Anonymous

a2jacketpatches said:
Nice with the sequins, but 15ths are a dime a dozen. Anyone ever see an ATC like this.
I am not challenging you to a duel of patches, just pointing out another nice bullion patch.

CBI

wow, before I added the leather boarder to this 15th AF patch, I paid about $18 for it. Just went for 150.00!

seller (not me) was/is lucky

a2jacketpatches

chitchat said:
a2jacketpatches said:
Nice with the sequins, but 15ths are a dime a dozen. Anyone ever see an ATC like this.
I am not challenging you to a duel of patches, just pointing out another nice bullion patch.

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings again Chichi, just saying that the 15ths are there all day every day and this guy had two of the most beautiful bullions I've ever seen for the first time ever up at the same time. Take it easy, you are right, it is a beauty, especially with the sequins.

150-for a very common 15th AF shoulder patch? think I got 45 for a minty one a few years ago. Just goes to show that maybe the leather had a little to do with it. Also had a mint CBI with sequin border, ribbed red silk for the stripes, bullion star, sun, and white stripes, with a velvet blue field that went for about 80- Prices are going way up these days.

a2jacketpatches

SuinBruin said:
The period bullion patches I've seen haven't had backing on them... whereas most of the modern Asian fakes do. I don't know if the ATC patch is fake or not, but the backing gives me pause.

Understand your thought, but this guy has has 4 leather ATC's up along with other legit stuff. I believe this one is good.

pdweiser

Either way, legit or repro, with the quality of the bullion work on it it is quite the stunning patch. One of the more beautiful bullion patches I've seen and even better that its ATC (love ATC patches)

Repro or not, if it doesnt sell for more than 50 dollars then it went for well under its worth IMHO

a2jacketpatches

No repops in this thread, a lot of bullion had no backing but all the ones I've owned did. It was actually standard practice to do so because the real bullion patches would fall apart if a single thread was compromised on the back. It was needed to protect the patch. I can almost give my personal guarantee that these are the real deal, right as rain.

deand

Very interesting patch. Floss used in it? The bullion is terrific! Real or repro, it's great!

dean