• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Bargain' ELC 352nd Aces Jacket on eBay

Ian C

I love my 352nd although I didn't get one of the ace signed ones.

The leather has really started to look good now although I wear it so much the lining has started to come through at the neck. Does anyone do repairs or is this viewed as character?

havocpaul

Not a 'new' line even though they've put them in that category...been around since around 2006, don't think they sold many hence the new 'heads-up' on their site.

Ian C

I bought mine in 2007-8 and I think it was number 50 if I remember rightly. The leather on it is much nicer than on the ELC Roughwear I bought the following year.

havocpaul

Yes, I had one numbered 05 and got it in 2006 if I recall, sold it on a couple of years later, hide was a bit too smooth for my liking but they do now offer 'time-worn' and maybe 'broken-grain'.

Ian C

havocpaul said:
Yes, I had one numbered 05 and got it in 2006 if I recall, sold it on a couple of years later, hide was a bit too smooth for my liking but they do now offer 'time-worn' and maybe 'broken-grain'.

I just persevered with mine, wore it a lot in all weathers and kept constantly working it. I still want a GW but the two I've got will do for now. I've got some friends asking for bows to be made so that can go for a deposit.

I'll sort a pic to go up in a minute....

Ian C

Here you go....

IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

Ian C

I do like the graining on the sofa. Apparently the leather is Italian but I doubt if it's horse :D

ausreenactor

havocpaul said:
Not a 'new' line even though they've put them in that category...been around since around 2006, don't think they sold many hence the new 'heads-up' on their site.

Yeah, 'knew' that, hence the 'new' as a dig... They were all rage when they hit the streets but at a crazy price back then. Obviously they shot some lining offcuts to the four pilots and then stitched them in when they returned signed. That was the only thing that bugged me. Get the man and his wife over 'the pond' for a tour at your expense...not just post a flying legend a box...and cough up for the shipping both ways. ;)

Couchy

Ian C

Thats why I didn't go for the ace signed jacket, as it was just a panel stitched into the existing lining. I could probably get that myself.