• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-15 Alpha replica sz 44

Atticus

I've already got one and I love it. And since you posted this thread, I've even thought of buying another. But I think everyone should know...these jackets run very large. My size 44 is easily a size 50. It is much larger than any of my size 48 jackets.

AF

RudyN

I was thinking of getting one. I wear a 44, what size do you think is the equivilent of a normal 44?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
RudyN said:
... what size do you think is the equivilent of a normal 44?

I would look for a 42 ... I take a 40 suit jacket, and my size 38 Alpha is one of the best fitting jackets I own.

Weasel_Loader

If I didn't already own a Buzz B-15C, I'd jump all over this as these are getting harder to find. I had a Replica B-15D in 44 and it was too big, but could live with it. Also had a size 42 B-15C Mod Replica but never liked it as I preferred the non mod B-15s. ;)

hairpin151

Danny,
Is that jet in your avitar the one that was featured in the William Holden film "Torward the Unknown" ?? Great movie if you can find it,filmed at Edwards in the 50's as I'm sure your aware.

Weasel_Loader

Yes, that is the Martin XB-51 as showcased in "Toward The Unknown" as the Gilbert XF-120. Excellent movie when you can find it!!! ;)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
newenglandcliff said:
Polyester batting?

No, it's a stock description ... they come with the correct, cotton backed wool interlining, and the pocket labels confirm this.

newenglandcliff

I questioned the seller and his reply was "We took that description from the Alpha website, but I looked at the labels on one of the Replicas and it says Interlining 58% wool, 42% nylon". I'm sure he meant cotton instead of nylon. The same tag on my Replicas has the word Nylon right under Cotton (but describes the shell and lining). Great price for the big guys.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
newenglandcliff said:
I questioned the seller ...

Incidentally he's the same seller we always bought these from, Pete ... he's good.

Now listing as belote, instead of closeoutpete.