• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-10 by Real McCoys Japan

Hawkeye

Just some shots of my RMJ Stagg B-10. I had to go through five other B-10s from various makers before I got to this one but I finally found the perfect one :) It's a shame that they're no longer made as they really are amazing jackets.

b-10014-2-1.jpg

b-10002-2-1.jpg

b-10003-1-1.jpg

Roughwear

Very nice Harrison. I used to own one and they are excellent jackets, but I'm curious to know why you rate it above the other leading makers' repro B-10s.

Weasel_Loader

Hawkeye said:
I had to go through five other B-10s from various makers before I got to this one but I finally found the perfect one :)

Spoken like a true flight jacket collector!!! :lol:

I love my ELC B-10. Looks like the RMJ except for the darker color mouton on the ELC version. BTW, I could use a size 46 if anyone wants to trade there's for my size 44! ;)

Hawkeye

Roughwear said:
Very nice Harrison. I used to own one and they are excellent jackets, but I'm curious to know why you rate it above the other leading makers' repro B-10s.

It's more my own personal preference than anything else I suppose. I wanted a B-10 with scalloped pockets, as well as some heft to it. The RMJ is definitely a heavier jacket than the ELC, it uses a thicker material for the shell and a heavier alpaca lining than the ELC does. Compared to a pair of original A-9 trousers I have the RMJ feels almost identical, although the ELC matches them almost exactly colour-wise, the RMJ uses a lighter colour green material. For the collar my preference is for golden mouton of the RMJ rather than the darker coloured material on the Eastman. Both great jackets, but the McCoys just edges it for me. Although fit is really the overriding factor, if I had found the correct fit with either of the two ELC jackets I had then I wouldn't have bothered searching for more.

Having never handled an original B-10 however, I really can't say which jacket is truly a better representation of their respective contracts.