• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Authentic or not so clever mock-up?

Roughwear

It's a size 44 No name 27753. I own an original and its definitely this contract, just relined, theatre replaced Knits and the horrid ring snap bleow the zip. The close-up of the pocket shows the leather which is from the same tannery Cable used. No, it is not a clever mock up at all.

TankBuster

Looks to be a hole in the collar, however with some money put into a proper restoration, it could turn out to be pretty nice. I've dealt with the seller before, and he is a top notch guy.

Roughwear

Your eyes must been keener than mine Jeff. I can see surface wear and flaking at the collar but no hole, unless its the one your neck goes through! ;) The BIN is a little high bearing in mind the restoration work needed to be done. I would replace the knits, add a hanger and remove the unsightly plastic cover over the label. Removing the ring snap would leave a hole so best to leave it as it is.

TankBuster

Roughwear said:
Your eyes must been keener than mine Jeff. I can see surface wear and flaking at the collar but not hole, unless its the one your neck goes through! ;) The BIN is a little high bearing in mind the restoration work needed to be done. I would replace the knits, add a hanger and remove the unsightly plastic cover over the label. Removing the ring snap would leave a hole so best to leave it as it is.

:lol:
Seriously, I was referring to the area at the fold of the collar where many jacket will wear through over time. It looks like a small area. Hard to tell for sure, but if I were interested, I would surely ask about it.

Hamsterbear

Roughwear said:
Your eyes must been keener than mine Jeff. I can see surface wear and flaking at the collar but no hole, unless its the one your neck goes through! ;) The BIN is a little high bearing in mind the restoration work needed to be done. I would replace the knits, add a hanger and remove the unsightly plastic cover over the label. Removing the ring snap would leave a hole so best to leave it as it is.

All that, plus I would find an authentic WWII CBI shield to replace the missing one on the shoulder. The measurements do not fit a WWII size 42, but a 46. I would also lose the metal oak leaves rank insignia- those look like current issue clutch back ones.
-Brian

Roughwear

Hamsterbear said:
Roughwear said:

All that, plus I would find an authentic WWII CBI shield to replace the missing one on the shoulder. The measurements do not fit a WWII size 42, but a 46. I would also lose the metal oak leaves rank insignia- those look like current issue clutch back ones.
-Brian

Brian it's a 44. I used to own one from the same contract and the measurements given by the seller are the same. I currently own a 27753 in a size 46 and apart from the pit measurements they are all a little bigger than this one.