• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Authentic jet pilot grouping?

Weasel_Loader

http://cgi.ebay.com/Flight-Helmet-G...265699249QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330265699249

Nice helmet, but the embossed name tape on the helmet and O2 mask don't look the same age. The MA-1 looks to have a replaced collar knit and zipper. The left and right side don't line up either. The jacket is a Medium but the flight suit is a Small-Short which is as tiny as they make 'em. Did this pilot like wearing huge flight jackets? I have seen evidence of some aircrew wearing Command patches on chest during the 60s, most used wing or squadron on the chest until the 70s when patching standards came into practice. Usually Command patches worn on the chest with no other unit patches meant the person was assigned directly to the HQ of the Command.

I'd bid on this auction only for the helmet and helmet only. I don't buy the story. :roll: