• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

At The Front to reproduce B-10s

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
http://www.atthefront.com/us_uni_B10.html

I thought that would happen, after they bought Couchy's Buzz Stagg on eBay.

Our jackets are top quality- comparable (or better) then the high-end coats that cost 3 times as much. OD Cotton sateen exterior, wool/poly fleece lining (looks original but it's not...), fake-fur collar, Talon zipper, and realistic labels.

Mmm ... polyester, and fake fur, this is not sounding promising.

Jason

Pike crap? Wasn't the collective thought on them OK? Topical subject, I'm getting an itch for some cloth...

Hawkeye

With all respect Clark, I don't think its quite fair to denounce these jackets as crap. And for a jacket in this price range its wouldnt be fair to hold them up to 500-600 dollar Buzz Ricksons or Eastmans. This applies to the Pike Bros. jackets as well. I thinks its commendable for these companies to be making the effort to develop these repros.

Chandler

Note: We have no plans to make any other flight jackets or specific Air Corps uniforms. These coats are not infrequently seen being worn by infantry and paratroopers so they applicable to both. That's why we've done them.

Uh... paratroopers have not infrequently (sic) been seen to wear A2s, so... what's with that?

I really can't recall seeing pictures of GIs wearing B-10s. Maybe officers, but then we're back to my A2 question.

Chandler

Clark J

I've purchased ATF and liked they're products...that said if they are Pikes or something that is produced in the East then yes they will be crap!Zips on the wrong side,sleeve ends that are like bell bottoms from the 70s and the fake fur...equals crap at any price.Oh and don't forget the realistic labels...S-XXL! It comes back to what we've all said here "save your money and get a nice one,you'll never look back"!!

havocpaul

If they've chosen to go for fake lining and collar fur then they can't make any claim on matching the high-end repros; like most of their stuff it'll be made in China or S.E. Asia and probably be of similar standard to the current Pike B-10 (which as discussed before, are in for a major revamp in the next few months). Too often ATF jackets have had issues, currently their M-41's have incorrect stictching etc, which OK, they do state on the site, but only after laying claim to them being just about the best out there! As always, you get pretty much what you pay for. My opinion of course..

ausreenactor

Gents..

I would love an ATF B-10! Quality would be pretty good for under $200, and I could happily stitch on a patch or commission Ties
to put his handiwork on a jacket, without stressing over the assured loss if ever it got sold.

Pike Brothers bought an N-1 off me...that could be another potential in the future. I have been hit up everytime I list an A-2 by someone in China looking for the cheapest price. The Chinese makers of the eBay Luftwaffe and U-Boat jackets could easily put together an A-2. I doubt whether they could get the quality hides, but these guys will rule the world one day. Labour and production costs will see to that.

Regards..

Couchy

Swing

Chandler said:
Note: We have no plans to make any other flight jackets or specific Air Corps uniforms. These coats are not infrequently seen being worn by infantry and paratroopers so they applicable to both. That's why we've done them.

Uh... paratroopers have not infrequently (sic) been seen to wear A2s, so... what's with that?

I really can't recall seeing pictures of GIs wearing B-10s. Maybe officers, but then we're back to my A2 question.

Chandler

I've only seen photos of majors, colonels and generals wearing B-10s. And they were not at the front line.

~Swing

Chandler

Swing said:
I've only seen photos of majors, colonels and generals wearing B-10s. And they were not at the front line.

Right. So they're encouraging all the FARB officer wannabees, but not to the point that they'd also "make" any more items worn by officers. Very convoluted rationale.

Chandler

ties70

I, too, would like to have a cheap repro B-10 that can be beaten and patched up!

And I could live with a fake fur collar...that's something that can be replaced. Even a new zipper and knitwear is possible if the basic price of an ATF jacket was OK.

But fake alpaca? Or the wrong style as featured in the "old production run" Pike's jacket? No way....

Has somebody 'round here seen the Spearhead / Ebay B-10 in person? Or the Doursoux B-10? Do they have alpaca or chemical fibres?

Ties

Tim P

I have seen pics of Rangers wearing them late war.
I wonder why we are hell bent on bitching them out so much for this. My belief is that it was fostered by an overrun of 'alpaca' fabric used in their m43 liners and what to do with it. for a company that is not going to do any more AAF stuff it seems like an odd diversion to start along.
Is anyone here reproducing B10's (to a better standard than ATF at a more affordable price perchance) by the way or is it just a forum to burn someone elses efforts?
Imagine if as was the case when SM Wholesale did theirs in the mid 90s that no-one else was making these.. we'd be doing flick flacks over the ATF offering, warts and all. Given that the affordable price is achieved by the use of affordable materials make no mistake that the construction will be good. There are buzzes and Eastmans and various others now. This one will take its place in the pecking order. (at this point I will take issue with ATF marketingh claims over this jacket but if you are getting an 80% jacket at 50% price.........
BTW buzz stuff, for all its supremacy is grossly overpriced because the economy in Japan allows them to charge that and they are unconcerned about exporting as they remain domestically profitable on the insane domestic obsession with retro americana.