• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As close to mint a M-422A as you will ever find

bazelot

This M-422A Gordon and Ferguson is close to mint. THe pictures really do not do it justice. THe leather is the most supple and blemish free I have seen on a original WWII jacket. I have to take pictures in daylight as the ones I just took came out too dark. I took close up pictures of the leather to try to depict the quality of the grain. THe collar is full and really soft. THe label is not original to the jacket but is a original G&F label. THe leather shines on the pictures because it has no wear to it. Everything is original on this jacket. It is roughly a size 42-44.

Picture094-3.jpg

Picture093-2.jpg

Picture092-2.jpg

Picture091-2.jpg

Picture090-2.jpg

Picture089-1.jpg

Picture071.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture095-3.jpg

Picture060-1.jpg

Picture059-1.jpg

HHjackets

what a jacket! and the collar has this wild look to it.
can't think of another jacket that got such compliments!

jack aranda

I ran into 'bazelot' at the Farmers' Market today. He was wearing this jacket. :cool: :cool: :cool: He looked like he just stepped off the set of "Wing and a Prayer". That jacket is really, really nice, and it is brand new. Great score bz.

TankBuster

Real nice one. Nice and clean. Looks just like my nice G&F in a sz44.

For sizing reference on these:

Mine fits more like a 42/44. I would guess yours fits like a 40/42? Like Tom mentioned, mine is also long in the body, but fits as it should everwhere else. I take a 42 in most stock Eastman A-2 jackets and 44's in their shearlings. This original 44 G&F fits me just right.

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

bazelot

jack aranda said:
I ran into 'bazelot' at the Farmers' Market today. He was wearing this jacket. :cool: :cool: :cool: He looked like he just stepped off the set of "Wing and a Prayer". That jacket is really, really nice, and it is brand new. Great score bz.

thanks Ben!! It was great seeing you. I wish we had more time to talk. It's hard with 2 small kids in tow :)

bazelot

RCSignals said:
Isn't a slightly longer body a characteristic of those, compared to the successor patterns?

The G&F have always been longer in body especially in front with the zipper box. Today I was wearing it with the zipper box folded under the jacket and the fit was great. It was perfect M-422A weather today in San Francisco.

bazelot

New pictures in better lighting. I wanted to show the leather and its true color. The leather is basically mint and looks like it was made yesterday

Picture172.jpg

Picture171.jpg

Picture170.jpg

Picture169.jpg

Picture166.jpg

Picture162.jpg

Picture161.jpg

Picture160.jpg

Picture155.jpg