• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Armholes on Aero Highwayman

bfrench

Administrator
Cordwangler said:
I was going to say something. But I've decided against... :oops:

Hi, Cordwangler,

First of all - welcome to the forum.

Second - the question probably should have been posted in the Moto Section - but really no big deal.

Third - we're not so strict that you can't bend the rules a bit - and a newbie making an incorrect post about armhole sizes in a leather moto jacket in a flight jacket section is nothing to get your knicker in a knot.

I was hoping that after it had been mentioned about a Moto section to Cordwangler that that would have been the end of it - then on to the subject and just let it run its natural course.

We're not the friggin French Foreign Legion where an order is do or die - we're a jacket forum where we pass info back and forth, create friendships and make occasional simple mistakes - and if a large mistake is made then we fall back on the mods.

But this is what is going to happen for now in this post - I'm not moving it - learn to live with it - and be cordial and helpful to a newbie poster.

Bill French

A

Anonymous

Vcruiser said:
I would think that all of us should appreciate such a domineering role..as we certainly have in the past. Psychoanalyzing the flow of the forum and charitably offering tireless individual effort to balance-out dovelike tendacies of fellow members even if in includes an overly insistant procedure of getting it done...should surely seem quite fair. Even the occassional.."Ok..now I'll shut up"..but doesn't.. is also excusable when it's imperative proving others wrong. I tend to just ignore PMs suggesting.."I wish the hell that he would". :)

Van - don't talk in riddles - smacks of cowardice. Tell it like it is in plain text. At least you know where you stand with me.
Van - I thought you said that there wasn't a knitting circle........ Funny how some people are apparently so brave in PM's but too chicken to speak out loud.

Bill I at no point asked for the post to be moved. I only wrote that it might be best posted in the Moto section. It was hardly an effing ball-chewing. I would have thought my other remarks made this clear (welcoming Cordy and suggesting Will at Aero etc, etc ad nauseum).

J_H

Cordwangler

Cheers, BF.

I always expect to take a little direction from established members of forums. New members should, as a matter of course, be able to make mistakes. But they should also, again as a matter of course, listen and take note.

I'd have thought the first mention would have been the last...

I certainly didn't take offence at being told I'd made an error.

Cheers

CW

bfrench

Administrator
JACKET_ HEAD said:
Vcruiser said:
I would think that all of us should appreciate such a domineering role..as we certainly have in the past. Psychoanalyzing the flow of the forum and charitably offering tireless individual effort to balance-out dovelike tendacies of fellow members even if in includes an overly insistant procedure of getting it done...should surely seem quite fair. Even the occassional.."Ok..now I'll shut up"..but doesn't.. is also excusable when it's imperative proving others wrong. I tend to just ignore PMs suggesting.."I wish the hell that he would". :)

Van - don't talk in riddles - smacks of cowardice. Tell it like it is in plain text. At least you know where you stand with me.
Van - I thought you said that there wasn't a knitting circle........ Funny how some people are apparently so brave in PM's but too chicken to speak out loud.

Bill I at no point asked for the post to be moved. I only wrote that it might be best posted in the Moto section. It was hardly an effing ball-chewing. I would have thought my other remarks made this clear (welcoming Cordy and suggesting Will at Aero etc, etc ad nauseum).

J_H

Hi, J_H,

The first part was ok - it was what came later and especially the above.

We don't tolerate the above type of posts - back it down a notch and stick to jackets - and that goes for everyone.

No reply needed or wanted.

Bill French

Vcruiser

JACKET_ HEAD said:
Vcruiser said:

J_H

Riddles?...OK..maybe a little accidentally on purpose. Cowardice?...there's the rub. It seems if anyone doesn't accept or quickly pick up on your point of view...or heaven forbid..disagree...it is an act of war. Rather than a more cordial..or friendly..."You are still misunderstanding me"..it's "battle on!". You seem quite content with the "difficult" sig and comparason to hostilities of the past....but...it can put newbies off and create that hostile enviroment where some figure it's just better to not participate..than always "go to war"with a member who seems to always be looking for one.
Mentioning PMs of agreement..."That's what I was thinking" to promote your stance on saying it like it is...or as you and,maybe,a few others see it..seems to make it kosher. Of course..suggesting PMs in opposition are not.
Unfortunately,it only takes a few...or maybe just one member..to change the tone of a forum. An intimidating atmosphere only increases the probability that only those few care to participate anymore..especially if so in so enters a thread.
Now..I plan to comply with the Mods request..back to jacket discussion...that can be enough of a battlefield just trying to lowcrawl through all the info posted here.
Van

hacker

Cordwangler said:
Cheers, BF.

I always expect to take a little direction from established members of forums. New members should, as a matter of course, be able to make mistakes. But they should also, again as a matter of course, listen and take note.

I'd have thought the first mention would have been the last...

I certainly didn't take offence at being told I'd made an error.

Cheers

CW

Welcome aboard CW.........it's nice to see new members posting..........I wouldn't sweat it over making 'mistakes'..............there are some great people and a lot of good info to be found here. You just gotta learn to wade thru some of the bullsh*t....that's the hard part....... ;)

Hacker

Peter Graham

Jesus, talk about mountains out of mole hills ! CW, please don't let this put you off posting. If I were a new member it would sure put me off but weather the bullshit and you will come through it enlightened, maybe. :D

Cordwangler

Thanks, gents. I'm not put off at all.

Forum conversations often seem a little strange to newcomers, since we've no history. At other times, they seem to read as though people are posting replies to questions/comments they expected or would have liked to be asked.

Looking forward to reading more and contributing as I get to know more.

Cheers

CW