• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone ever hear of guy tackitt?

unclegrumpy

Yes, he has been around a long time, maybe 35 to 40 years, and is from somewhere in the Bay Area, I think San Jose. He has made wonderful reproduction patches for years and originally specialized in WW I US. He was the first to reused old original period bits of both cloth and bullion, and thus his better work is very hard to spot. Some of his best stuff was in bullion. I have seen WW II squadron patches done by him, and they were very nicely done as well.

I have not seen him in years, but he was always an honest guy and would tell you what he made and id his past work. The problem was some people who bought from him at very reasonable reproduction prices resold his work as original for big dollar prices. Many people have his patches in their collections, but don't know it, because they got them at Shows or from Auctions, and not him.