• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Forum

1911A1US

I am very pleased with the VLJ forum and must say that I have gotten nothing but positive answers.The other forum I was on takes in a broad range of subject matter.I am an older guy, 57 to be honest and did not seem to fit into the "other forum",too much emphasis on what type of underwear are you wearing today?do you wear argyle socks?Not my style!"I`m not living is the past as some of the people are trying to do,its the 21st century,those so called golden years are gone forever they ain`t comin back.I like this forum`s style....BrianB.

Roughwear

1911A1US said:
I am very pleased with the VLJ forum and must say that I have gotten nothing but positive answers.The other forum I was on takes in a broad range of subject matter.I am an older guy, 57 to be honest and did not seem to fit into the "other forum",too much emphasis on what type of underwear are you wearing today?do you wear argyle socks?Not my style!"I`m not living is the past as some of the people are trying to do,its the 21st century,those so called golden years are gone forever they ain`t comin back.I like this forum`s style....BrianB.

I can guess which one you are referring to. There are some interesting posts, especially in Outerwear.

havocpaul

There is another forum that gives me eye-ache when I try and read posts there, it is the white on black that does it, also it seems many from here put the exact same post on there so there seems a real deja-vu feeling at times!

Burnsie

I'm on both - I admit I only look at Outerwear regularly, rarely at the other areas...but few of us need to know women's makeup tips (I HOPE!)
As for the double posts, many of those folks are not on VLJ...you'll see a lot of civilian jackets and Aero's that you don't always see here...

1911A1US

Since I was a little sh&% I have always gravitated to US military items,I had my dad`s WW2 5 button sweater that I wore throught the 60s in high school,his field jacket and jeep cap.Here on VLJ the people do not seem like a bunch of "dandies" ......

Atticus

I'm on the Hat Lounge, too. Frankly, I don't pay attention to many of the posts there. Much of FL's material is geared to life in America during the first half of the twentieth century....and it is often written by people who are too young to remember the first Gulf War.

But there are some older guys there that know quite a bit about vintage hats...and hats is another passion of mine.

AF

Vcruiser

I enjoy both forums. There are topics "over there" that interest me very little...or not at all...just as here on the VLJ.
However..there are some great folks participating "over there"..as well as here,in my view. Both forums have sparked my interest in new areas..with some member's knowledge and experience revealed as sometimes invaluable...whether here or there.
Van

rich

The WW2 posts over there are often very interesting and informative ............ if you like that sort of thing of course :) . ASCooke, is that the B-24 at IWM Duxford?

Curahee

I visit the FL also (I'm not a member) from time to time and It's very interesting to see how some VLJ members change their opinions there (and on other forums like E-hangar, Aces,Contrails & Unsung heroes for example).

It's a nice place, more relaxed less about the details and more about
the look of jacket than "the little leather tabs under the press studs on this or that Roughwear jacket that are not correct...." :roll: