• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another "Depot Re-Dye"

fishmeok

Hello

This is my keeper jacket (Doniger pattern) that I have been wearing since last summer. I have found another new dye to try out and am very pleased with the results. This is a water based dye that works beautifully with my light brown pigment dye horse. I have been wearing it for a couple of weeks and am finding it extrememly colorfast. Had it hanging on the back of my chair at work and have had none rub off, even when wearing a white shirt. I'm thinking this would look great for an Aero.

More on the blog
http://www.superiorjackets.com

Cheers
Mark

002.jpg

001.jpg

042.jpg

Marv

Fantastic jacket, the colour of the leather and knits looks almost indentical to my ELC RW 27752

johnwayne

Gotta say Mark that is a nice colour, as to the jacket, personally I'd prefer the sleeves a tad shorter or, are the knits deeper than usual? That nevertheless is irrelevant but damn fine job that man!
I do think the little man's sleeves are definitely too long though!!

Cheers
Wayne
PS: just about to start wearing the A1 you sold me (too warm so far) and I must get some pics and learn how to post here too!!!

fishmeok

Hi-

I really like the color, have been wearing it constantly with no issues. The dye will wear properly as well, shining up and then fading off at the wear points.

Wayne- Please send me pics the A-1 in action!!! I love seeing that stuff.

I have thought a lot about making an A-2 for Henry, but I'm worried that by the time I had completed the pattern and made the jacket he will have outgrown it...

The dye is from Tandy leather- Eco-Flo professional waterstain- great stuff, I recommend it highly. I've tried a LOT of different things and this has worked the best so far.

Cheers
Mark

better duck

fishmeok said:
I have thought a lot about making an A-2 for Henry, but I'm worried that by the time I had completed the pattern and made the jacket he will have outgrown it...

Beat him to it: make one for him that he grows into (and out of again all too soon, that's true)