• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An hbt project I have been thinking about for ages

Tim P

I have always liked the comfort and practicality of pullover smocks, especially with hung internal chest pockets and a kangaroo pocket at the front.

I have a fantasy to have one made that has a hood, a half zip, snap flapped top pocket, double zip flapped patch front pocket and drawstrings at the lower hem and hood. I would like all components to be salvaged from or compatible with ww2 mil spec, talon/ crown/ conmar type zip, OD drawstrings and m41 style button tabs at the cuffs.

I would like it made in M41 style poplin ( fully shirting or blanket wool lined in that case) or Hbt (OD or better still green side out puppy paw)

I think it would be so cool. The whole thing being to have it look like it could be a ww2 garment.

anyone else have a fantasy hybrid jacket inspired by ww2 clothing?

watchmanjimg

Tim P said:
I have always liked the comfort and practicality of pullover smocks, especially with hung internal chest pockets and a kangaroo pocket at the front.

I have a fantasy to have one made that has a hood, a half zip, snap flapped top pocket, double zip flapped patch front pocket and drawstrings at the lower hem and hood. I would like all components to be salvaged from or compatible with ww2 mil spec, talon/ crown/ conmar type zip, OD drawstrings and m41 style button tabs at the cuffs.

I would like it made in M41 style poplin ( fully shirting or blanket wool lined in that case) or Hbt (OD or better still green side out puppy paw)

I think it would be so cool. The whole thing being to have it look like it could be a ww2 garment.

anyone else have a fantasy hybrid jacket inspired by ww2 clothing?

Tim, you may already know this but there were original WW2 garments in this general configuration. I believe there was an AAF mechanic's parka as well as possibly another version used by the 1st Special Service Force that were at least somewhat similar to what you're thinking of.

Here's a link with some pics of an AAF D-2 parka made by Aero. Interestingly, the shell fabric is expressly stated to resemble that of the M41:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ ... opic=37859

Tim P

Yup, Iam of course aware of, and have been the owner of several types of mountain Parka which boast some of the features I am after but I think in mentioning the desire to have it in camo hbt last rather than first I was errant.

watchmanjimg

Tim P said:
Yup, Iam of course aware of, and have been the owner of several types of mountain Parka which boast some of the features I am after but I think in mentioning the desire to have it in camo hbt last rather than first I was errant.

Yes, you threw me off for a minute but now I see what you meant by "puppy paw." I was thinking of something more like this:

Paw.jpg

:D

RCSignals

Add a strap to the bottom of what you describe and other than colour and blanket lining it is pretty much exactly like an old Lands End sailing jumper I once had. Someone stole it from me. Great piece of kit though.

dmar836

What about the reversible pullover smocks of the Waffen SS?
Certainly unique and cool looking.
I made one once of duck cloth but it was a tad small for me. Dyed it purple with plans to hand paint the rest of the complicated pattern but lost interest.
Perhaps a compilation of all these?
Dave