• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AN-6552, What a Find!

Jaydee

This is a nice one. Just wish it had a tag, but it fits me so I got no complaints. All original parts. Pretty sure on the AN-6552, but I'm having trouble with the MFG ID. It has the loop hanger sewn in between the liner and mouton, never seen that before. And very redish brown rivets on the arm vents, also unique I think. Zipper is a black painted Talon.
-Jay
ANFront01-1.jpg

ANFront02-1.jpg

ANWaist-1.jpg

ANPen-1.jpg

ANUS-1.jpg

ANVent02-1.jpg

ANWind-1.jpg

ANLiner-1.jpg

ANHanger-1.jpg

ANZip-1.jpg

ANBack-1.jpg

Steve27752

Now that is a beauty...............................................May I ask where you found it?

Jaydee

Steve27752 said:
Now that is a beauty...............................................May I ask where you found it?
"Say, where's that fishing hole again?" ;)
Thanks Steve! This was an internet purchase. The previous owner was in California not far from where I live.
A forum member has ID'ed it as an American Sportswear
-Jay

Jaydee

Vcruiser said:
Very nice jacket Jaydee...& pics.
BTW...what kind of Camera are you using?
Van
Thanks Van! The camera is nothing special but I think it takes good Pics. It's an HP 720, 3.3 Megapixel. It doesn't have a macro setting, so I use the zoom for the close ups. Most of these photos were taken in shady outdoor, with no flash.
-Jay

Maverickson

Hi Jaydee,

I like your jacket. Just wondered if you knew if this was the original mouton materia for the jacket?

Jaydee said:
This is a nice one. Just wish it had a tag, but it fits me so I got no complaints. All original parts. Pretty sure on the AN-6552, but I'm having trouble with the MFG ID. It has the loop hanger sewn in between the liner and mouton, never seen that before. And very redish brown rivets on the arm vents, also unique I think. Zipper is a black painted Talon.
-Jay

ANFront02-1.jpg

In addtion, know that until reading this thread that I did not understand how to instruct Aero in having the missing collar loop hanger replaced/reattached correctly on my G-1 Werber until I read this thread. My Werber's original and now missing loop hanger obviously attached the same way your jacket was done originally as there are no other visible stitching on either jacket.

This photo seen below is the back of my Werber Collar. It is obviously void of any stitching for a loop hanger.

WerberUSN.jpg

As seen again, on the back side of your AN-6552 collar, no visible loop hanger stitching.

JaydeesAN.jpg

It is now all clear to me.

Thanks, Dave

Jaydee

Glad to help out with that mystery Dave. A great idea I think, attaching the loop in that way. No chance of damage to the leather like the sewn through method of most the jackets of that era. The Fur is original, just a bit missing from the left side. Not worth replacing IMO.
Go Navy! :)
-Jay