• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amelia Earhart nice jacket pic

oose

Hi all,

Some of you are going to love this one... :D

c49.jpg

c49a.jpg

yours stu

That's an interesting collar; is it leather or knit? If it's knit seems to be more like an A-1 with a zipper.I wonder if there are more shots of her in this jacket?

Wilbur

Hi David:

I found that shot along with a few others. They seemed to have been made around 1936. These others are in front of what may have been her last plane a Lockheed L-10E Electra with another photo of her in the cockpit. The fellow standing next to her is wearing a fine looking A-1 and hers seems to be something in between an A-2 and an A-1. I wonder if there is a numbered official version of this jacket or if like the Barnstormers it was her own concoction? I added another shot from 1932 which is just beautiful. She was very liberal for her times and quite appealing.

Wilbur

180px-Mantz_AeManning_Noonan.jpg

180px-Amelia_1936-1.jpg

140px-AE.jpg

Yes, I checked that out. Looks like she had an exact copy of Paul Muntz jacket made for herself. I went through the whole thread, there was some neat stuff there.

Glad to see this site back, I used to go on Aero's forum a few years ago.

Wilbur

Vcruiser

one terrific hog said:
Yes, I checked that out. Looks like she had an exact copy of Paul Muntz jacket made for herself. I went through the whole thread, there was some neat stuff there.

Glad to see this site back, I used to go on Aero's forum a few years ago.

Wilbur

Hey Wilbur!
I remember you!
Welcome back!!
Van

Hey Van,

How's it going?

I've been gone for awhile out riding for the last 4 years. Do you still have the Sportster?

First Bike:

132-3202_IMG.jpg

Second Bike: Yuckkkkk

100NIKON-DSCN2058_DSCN2058.jpg

Third Bike: Is the Charm!!

IMG_4900_edited.jpg

Vcruiser

Wilbur
Yep...still got the loudmouth Sportster!
Very nice setup for your 3rd bike. Great "Ole School" colors! A beauty!
Van

Thanks Van,

Always liked your Sportster, I really believe that Black/Silver was the best colors for 03.

By the way everyone out there...This is a great site I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and enjoying the photos of these great jackets.

Sorry to steal the thread oose....I'm still digging Amelia and her jackets.

Wilbur