• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing

Vcruiser

Paul definately knows what an A2 is....
At one time he had a huge collection...and delt heavily in 23rd jackets.
Van

handworn

Not mandatory, but the rule of thumb in online auctions is to include every possible keyword people interested in this kind of thing could use to search for it. A-2 is the one I'd use if I could only use one, and the first I'd use if many. It's just surprising that he didn't. (Also surprising that when I posted it it was starting at $194, no reserve, no bids.)

jacketimp said:
handworn said:
A size-46 Doniger whose seller knows he has an original WWII USAAF jacket and to include the maker's name, but still seems to have no idea it's called an A-2 (at least based on the fact that the designation appears nowhere in the auction description).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=010

why...........amazing? just cos he didn't mention A2............is that mandatory??

rich

Could anyone give what they think are the best parameters to use when searching for an A2, B3 etc on ebay? Is there a one
hit wonder that covers all the bases? I ask because some of you guys post stuff on here and I'm wondering 'how did I miss that?!' - thanks.

handworn

Depends how obsessive you're willing to be about it. A regular search for "A-2" and another for A2 (to cover all the bases) in Collectibles and Clothing-Men's-Vintage, should pull in most. You can tell it to exclude the maker names of the well-known knockoffs. But obviously that wouldn't pull in everything. I think it was a search for "flight jacket" that pulled it in for me. And that takes a while, searching through the cr*p.

rich said:
Could anyone give what they think are the best parameters to use when searching for an A2, B3 etc on ebay? Is there a one
hit wonder that covers all the bases? I ask because some of you guys post stuff on here and I'm wondering 'how did I miss that?!' - thanks.

handworn

Why's that? Someone being amazed at something you would think was about the most basic thing being missing from an online auction is not an insult to the seller.

sgbailey2002 said:
No wonder Paul isn't a member here anymore..........

SGB

Vcruiser

Why not just email Mr. Sanders...and straighten him out? He probably wouldn't have any problem with that.
VB

jacketimp

handworn said:
Why's that? Someone being amazed at something you would think was about the most basic thing being missing from an online auction is not an insult to the seller.

sgbailey2002 said:
No wonder Paul isn't a member here anymore..........

SGB

no it wasn't an insult to the seller, i agree with you....

rich

handworn said:
Depends how obsessive you're willing to be about it. A regular search for "A-2" and another for A2 (to cover all the bases) in Collectibles and Clothing-Men's-Vintage, should pull in most. You can tell it to exclude the maker names of the well-known knockoffs. But obviously that wouldn't pull in everything. I think it was a search for "flight jacket" that pulled it in for me. And that takes a while, searching through the cr*p.

Thanks handworn, at least I haven't been missing a trick all this while.