• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALSEC painted wooden case - splendid

dujardin

hello,

win this bid during the night.
i just place a little amount on it and than go to sleep.
normally i never proceed like that.
what a good surprise for me this morning.
i win the bidding.
this wooden case is splendid (to me); i enjoy those personnal items, and the deco is great; nice idea of patch for someone.

have a look on this little treasure.

http://cgi.befr.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... K:MEWAX:IT

month ago i discover this photo of a PBY in the Aleutians, compare with the patch.

b521_1.jpg

that's why i start searches about Aleutians yesterday and found other splendid photos.

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee marcel

better duck

Very nice case. You can use it to put some of your model airplane boxes in it: saves space (as you need to, badly ...) ;)

Andrew

What a great box of memories Marcel, imagine if you could hear Jerry's story. For sure you'll give it a fitting new job.

Happy Hooligan

My grandfather was stationed for 2 years in the Aleutians during wwii and had nothing nice to say about the place....

dujardin

Happy Hooligan said:
My grandfather was stationed for 2 years in the Aleutians during wwii and had nothing nice to say about the place....

helloooooooooooooo,

have you maybe infos or photos to share regarding units present there; fighters-bombers-PBY aso aso aso....?????
many thanks
marcel

dujardin

received yesterday.

myyyyyyyy wood case ALSEC
PICT0001.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

on the back, remnants of lettering but ????? unreadable
PICT0003.jpg

painting is ''cracky''
PICT0006-1.jpg

PICT0007-1.jpg

here follow the photos from the original ebay seller; my camera is not good enough to make so good one

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

now, i just need to buy more USAAF items to fill her. :lol:

byeeeeeee marcel

greyhound52

Very nice. Interesting you have the same Navy rank my Dad had on the USS Lexington CV-2 which was 3rd class petty officer and rated signalman.

dujardin

greyhound52 said:
Very nice. Interesting you have the same Navy rank my Dad had on the USS Lexington CV-2 which was 3rd class petty officer and rated signalman.

i exchange it with a guy of USS Taylor when i was into belgian navy; during STANAVFORLANT in 1986 if i remember well.
i was petty officer (nato rank OR-4 if i have a good memory) - signalman.
today i know it was a big mistake to leave; the most stupid thing i've ever done.
this job was exactly what i need, everytime updating, very versatile, instructive.
and life aboard was also exactly what i need; the sea, life aboard a ship, everytime on the move.

and this body warmer was the one i use in those wonderfull years, i found it back during my move.
fit is still perfect. great no?

byebyeeeeee marcel