• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All that work on a mall jacket

a2jacketpatches

I say this in good fun CC and to all as a general statement, absolutely not intended to hurt your feelings.

This jacket looks great to 99.9% of people in the world. Artwork is excellent, leather looks vintage, and the guy probably paid good money to have a capable artist put it together for him. Probably has had countless compliments, and is known for wearing this jacket, exactly what was intended I'm sure. I can't help but think that the "mall jacket" has had a part in building our hobby over the years and still does. I sold 7 of my mall patches in the past week for 99- each. Think I may start buying used mall jackets and patchem to hell :lol:

It's a little flashy for us here, and a little nuts to put so much into such a novelty jacket I agree. But who's the bigger nut? This guy who's intention was to grab the attention of 99% and succeeded? Or the guy switching zip pullers, adding neck hangers, and re-stitching epaulettes on a jacket that'll remain inaccurate anyway. 99.9 % will never care or notice, and the .1% will have to be told about it. So I'm diggin the mall jacket lately and thumbs up to this one!!!!!!!

442RCT

a2jacketpatches said:
I say this in good fun CC and to all as a general statement, absolutely not intended to hurt your feelings.

This jacket looks great to 99.9% of people in the world. Artwork is excellent, leather looks vintage, and the guy probably paid good money to have a capable artist put it together for him. Probably has had countless compliments, and is known for wearing this jacket, exactly what was intended I'm sure. I can't help but think that the "mall jacket" has had a part in building our hobby over the years and still does. I sold 7 of my mall patches in the past week for 99- each. Think I may start buying used mall jackets and patchem to hell :lol:

It's a little flashy for us here, and a little nuts to put so much into such a novelty jacket I agree. But who's the bigger nut? This guy who's intention was to grab the attention of 99% and succeeded? Or the guy switching zip pullers, adding neck hangers, and re-stitching epaulettes on a jacket that'll remain inaccurate anyway. 99.9 % will never care or notice, and the .1% will have to be told about it. So I'm diggin the mall jacket lately and thumbs up to this one!!!!!!!

A big DITTO ;)

A

Anonymous

Still in the end a mall jacket with great art, not even to the standard of a Cooper.

a2jacketpatches

chitchat said:
Still in the end a mall jacket with great art, not even to the standard of a Cooper.

Agreed, standard to .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 of the worlds leather jacket buyers , if that much. Even JC's best is just a bomber jacket to most people.

A

Anonymous

Heckle, and Jeckle I think. Still much work on a mall jacket.

a2jacketpatches

Whaddaya mean? still room for the group patch, wings, and a name tag. :lol: If I'm contacted for that in the future, far be it from me to recommend otherwise. :D

ausreenactor

Adorning a GW, ELC, RMNZ or BR A-2 turns a $1000 proposition to a $500 certainty in a heartbeat. Unless the art is 100% spot on for the new buyer. Probably a wise choice in the long run.

Couchy

A

Anonymous

ausreenactor said:
Adorning a GW, ELC, RMNZ or BR A-2 turns a $1000 proposition to a $500 certainty in a heartbeat. Unless the art is 100% spot on for the new buyer. Probably a wise choice in the long run.

Couchy
You are correct, a painted high end jacket could, probably would lose value. The art would have to be exceptional, and have a broad base of appeal, Maybe a well done Vargas girl.

a2jacketpatches

But aren't we talking about a high end paint job on a low end mall jacket? That's it, pack up your kit and get out of my shop, you're all fired. Maybe you can get a position in a car lot talking customers out of power windows and stuff. When you're ready to sell patches and paint jobs, give me a call. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

a2jacketpatches said:
But aren't we talking about a high end paint job on a low end mall jacket? That's it, pack up your kit and get out of my shop, you're all fired. Maybe you can get a position in a car lot talking customers out of power windows and stuff. When you're ready to sell patches and paint jobs, give me a call. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a2jacketpatches

chitchat said:
a2jacketpatches said:

I can say that again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know i was kidding?

a2jacketpatches

a2jacketpatches said:
chitchat said:
a2jacketpatches said:

I can say that again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know i was kidding?

Guys?

a2jacketpatches

Even more reason to criticize this jacket, anyone notice that this is a 7th AF unit, should have meatballs instead of German wing crosses, and it's not the ETO? So again, I'd paint purple and pink poka dots on that jacket if he paid for it. Who cares? He probably didn't. Mall jackets and mil spec dead on accurate repros are two different animals and cannot stand side by side and be compared. Anyone with an expensive quality jacket would get sound advice from me concerning an accurate arrangement of insignia and would probably have an idea to begin with. I think this guy just found some stuff in a book and placed the order.