• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aldencrest 1950's Motorcycle Jacket w/ Removable Fur Collar

ShempHoward

Wondering if anyone has any background or history on these Aldencrest jackets? I'm pretty sure these were sold by the department store Aldens, but that's about the end of my knowledge. The pictured jacket has been in our family since new. Best I can tell, it's late 1940's or early 1950's. My Dad got it from his brother-in-law in the 1960's and it's been stored ever since under a dust cover.

The Fur collar has 3 snaps and is removable. I know Aldens wasn't a high-end store. It was a working-class family department store, but I'm having a very tough time finding anything about these jackets. Anyone on this forum have any experience with Aldencrest?

I'd appreciate any information at all.

Thanks,
ShempHoward
IMG_0482.JPG

Marc mndt

Wondering if anyone has any background or history on these Aldencrest jackets? I'm pretty sure these were sold by the department store Aldens, but that's about the end of my knowledge. The pictured jacket has been in our family since new. Best I can tell, it's late 1940's or early 1950's. My Dad got it from his brother-in-law in the 1960's and it's been stored ever since under a dust cover.

The Fur collar has 3 snaps and is removable. I know Aldens wasn't a high-end store. It was a working-class family department store, but I'm having a very tough time finding anything about these jackets. Anyone on this forum have any experience with Aldencrest?

I'd appreciate any information at all.

Thanks,
ShempHowardView attachment 137193
Wow, what a beauty. It's indeed from the early '50s.

Here it is, featured in the Aldens catalog.

IMG_4981.jpeg

I know same jacket was also offered by Spiegel which was a department store chain / mail order operation from Chicago. Here's the exact same jacket but with the Spiegel label. Unfortunately I don't know who produced these jackets.

I'd love to see some more pics of your beautiful jacket :)

IMG_4983.jpeg
IMG_4982.jpeg
IMG_4986.jpeg

Last edited:

ShempHoward

Thanks so much for the information and the Alden's ad. The advertised jacket in the ad even has the same snap-on fur collar. So cool!​

I've attached a few more pictures for review. There's isn't a size tag, but my guess is it's a smaller sized jacket. I wear a 46 suit coat very comfortably and I could never get into this thing.​

IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0489.JPG
IMG_0480.JPG
IMG_0481.JPG
IMG_0486.JPG

Marc mndt

Thanks so much for the information and the Alden's ad. The advertised jacket in the ad even has the same snap-on fur collar. So cool!​

I've attached a few more pictures for review. There's isn't a size tag, but my guess is it's a smaller sized jacket. I wear a 46 suit coat very comfortably and I could never get into this thing.​

View attachment 137467View attachment 137469View attachment 137471View attachment 137473View attachment 137475

I assume you'd like to keep it in the family, but if you ever feel like selling it please let me know :)

CombatWombat

It's called "I'm too lazy to do my own research, so I'll try and get as much info from legitimate collectors so I can throw a astronomical price on a jacket I found at Goodwill" manoeuvre ;)
Almost as devastating as a Himmelmann manoeuvre but definitely not sporting or fair