• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Russet Color

Mac

My brother recently received a leather sample from Aero -- jerky russet horse. We were both surprised by how dark it was. It's an almost chocolate mid-brown, much darker than posted photos of jackets. I realize "your results may vary" in regards to color and photography and monitors; however, this russet might pass for seal with some manufacturers.

Does Aero's russet tend to be darker than other repro makers? Would it be considered a fair reproduction of vintage Aero russet?

Cheers,
Mac

PS It is a very appealing color, though I think I prefer Aero seal.

dadgad

Scans fro samples that Amanda sent me a couple of years ago:

Aerosamples.gif

And this is my smooth russet Aero just out of the box the day that I received it from Scotland:

06.jpg

jacketimp

Mac said:
My brother recently received a leather sample from Aero -- jerky russet horse. We were both surprised by how dark it was. It's an almost chocolate mid-brown, much darker than posted photos of jackets. I realize "your results may vary" in regards to color and photography and monitors; however, this russet might pass for seal with some manufacturers.

Does Aero's russet tend to be darker than other repro makers? Would it be considered a fair reproduction of vintage Aero russet?
Cheers,
Mac

PS It is a very appealing color, though I think I prefer Aero seal.

vintage aero russet.......do you mean a wartime original?

Mac

Jacketimp:

Yes, I should have written wartime original.

Dadgad:

Thanks much for posting your scans. Very helpful and much appreciated. I'll pass them along to my brother. Also, very nice jacket. I like that OD thread, russet combination. What knits did you choose?

Cheers,
Mac

dadgad

Mac said:
Jacketimp:

Yes, I should have written wartime original.

Dadgad:

Thanks much for posting your scans. Very helpful and much appreciated. I'll pass them along to my brother. Also, very nice jacket. I like that OD thread, russet combination. What knits did you choose?

Cheers,
Mac

dark berry

atkins

Dadgad,

Thanks very much for the color chart. I asked Amanda to send some samples months ago but i think the my country customs guy eat it ( man i hate those guys). Which one is veg. tanned?

Mac, sorry to interupt your thread, but does Aero accept customization of their A-2? /Can i order custom A-2 from them?
I like the oil pull brown.

Thanks,

Atkins

dadgad

atkins said:
Dadgad,

Thanks very much for the color chart. I asked Amanda to send some samples months ago but i think the my country customs guy eat it ( man i hate those guys). Which one is veg. tanned?

Mac, sorry to interupt your thread, but does Aero accept customization of their A-2? /Can i order custom A-2 from them?
I like the oil pull brown.

Thanks,

Atkins

Hello Atkins,
don't know which one is veg tanned, there are people here that are much in the know than I am but I can assure you about what you've asked to Mac, at Aeroleather are totally open to customize your orders as you like.

GL

A

Anonymous

OneEyeMan said:
Not to hijack the thread or anything but, what the heck is Jerky Leather?
Lenny

Its the leather with scars and panels are not uniform to each other regarding grain etc .

Rgds jeff

Vcruiser

Actually.."Jerky" is Aero's discription for very grainy horse hide.
Their Real Deal A2 has this hide in mismatched grain where the Anniversary model is advertised as more uniformly heavily grained.
Van