• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero horsehide, vs Eastman vs Steer...

redsox78

Hi,

I have a newbie question, but hopefully i can make it specific enough to be useful...perhaps :oops:

I am just about to buy an Eastman A-2, but can't decide between steer and horse (it'll probably be determined by what I have to wait less for! ;)). What I was wondering was how both compare to Aero horsehide, and specifically in 'toughness' and whether they are lighter and more wearable in the spring - I have always found my horsehide Aero's too heavy (for me) in milder weather.

Thanks!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
redsox78 said:
I am just about to buy an Eastman A-2, but can't decide between steer and horse (it'll probably be determined by what I have to wait less for! ;)).

I would always go for the HH, to me, it's all part of owning an A-2 ... second choice would be goatskin.

The Eastman steerhide, and HH, would be similar weights, and would compare with Aero. That's unless you have Aero's FQHH civilian jackets.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
redsox78 said:
Mind set then, thanks!

Well that was easy ... :D

But I think it is the right decision, and if you ever decide to sell, the HH will always do better.