• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero A-2 Label

arclight

Recently saw an A-2 at a gun show and the seller said it was an Aero. The jacket had the build characteristics and appearance of an Aero but the label in side was perplexing. It displayed: Drawing 30H 1415
A.C. Order no.: 42-11018P
Aero Flight Manf Inc.
Property
Air Force, U.S. Army

Is this in fact an Aero Scotland jacket and any way to tell the age?
Thanks!

Jaydee

It's a repro from Aero Scotland. They show up on ebay quite a bit. They used that label before they switched over to the Authentic labels they use now. I believe those jackets are from the late 80's or early 90's.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
... it seemed to be for the lower priced range, the Indian goatskin of a few years back, for example.

arclight

Yes, then that would make a lot of sense David, it was goat and although the build quality looked good, the hide was disappointing.

Thank you!

Hamsterbear

Aero Flight Manf Inc.

This was the "budget" line from Transatlantic Trading Co..."Aero Leather" of Scotland.
They still make this label.

Hamsterbear

Actually, the jacket in my avatar was an Aero Flite MFg from aero Leather.... it was one of their "budget" jackets.
Now, the construction was just the same as any of their other jackets, it's just that the material (leather) was , ummm, "less expensive" that the premium jackets. Mine was horrible to break in, it was very stiff and I believe it was cowhide or steer. I sold it when it was just getting broken in, because the zipper failed. I should have kept it and put a YKK like G&B uses, and it would still be in the closet.
The worst jacket I had from them was also an Aero Flite MFG, the Aero "Indian goat"... it was horrible, really really bad. I sold it immediately after buying it. Very disappointing, IMHO.
eBayphotos001.jpg