• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aerial Photographer B-15 with photos

Stony

I just acquired a B-15 that belonged to a squadron aerial photographer in the 461st BG. The B-15 doesn't have a label and the ends of both sleeves are beat up, but the best part is the 30-40 photos that came with it. They were printed from the original negatives by the guy that took them in Italy and over targets in the Med. He was shot down and became a POW in Rumania after one of the raids on the oil fields in 1944.

I'm not posting any pics of the B-15 as it's nothing to scream about, but here are three photos from the group.

In flight either to or from the target.
461stbginflight.jpg

Landing next to the boneyard.
461stbglanding.jpg

Nose art.
461bgbestwedu.jpg

bebel

Thank you for the photos. I like very well these old personal album photos. it's a direct link with history and the most often there are photos we have never seen before.

Franck

Phantomfixer

Really good pictures...love the boneyard/cannibal picture with an air compressor (I think) and the tool box...the in flight photo...IMO judging by the shadows, they are flying to the target, others my disagree

John

Stony

There are 17 "in flight" photos, a few photos of the targets before, during and after attacks, some of around the base, etc. There are 40 photos total. I found his obit and he died in I believe 2006.

David Mulliner

Here is a link to the 766th BS roster where it shows the date he was assigned to the squadron and that his MOS is 940, aerial photographer.

http://www.461st.org/Roster/Roster%20766th.htm

Here is the link to the POW page showing when he was shot down.

http://www.461st.org/Kriegsgefangenen/K ... ngenen.htm

The other name on the photo album is Patt Patterson and he was a photo technician. I understand all the photos were taken from the original negatives.

Otter

Looking at them for a second time they are all well composed photographs, nice to see photos of daily life rather than folks posed infront of a plane.