• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aces Baby

442RCT

This is the first jacket I painted in 1993, (If the truth be known, back then I didn't have much money, so I taught myself how to paint so I could have a painted A-2). I copied the design out of "Hell Bent for Leather" pg. 122. I changed the P-47 to a P-51 and named it "Go For Broke"

I joined a group called, "Friends of American Fighter Aces" and attended luncheons hosted for them at a local Air Base. I had the honor of meeting over 36 Aces, 3 of them awarded the Medal Of Honor. All the Aces I met graciously signed my jacket, some of the first ones signed with a felt tip pen, which unfortunately faded with time, later I switched to a silver enamel paint pen.

When an Ace eyed the pin-up girl with a smile and asked me where did I want him to sign, I replied, "Anywhere you want, Sir"

Non-Stop_01.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg