• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Absolutely 100% Mint WWII M-445A Navy flight jacket

bazelot

My latest purchase:

Capture1.jpg

Capture.jpg

watchmanjimg

Re: Absolutetely 100% Mint WWII M-445A Navy flight jacket

And you guys criticize Stu Clurman for hyperbole . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

bazelot

Oops... did I forget to mention the authentic "shrapnel" damage?

bazelot

Roughwear said:
Why did you buy it Tom? For parts or for the hell of it? ;)

I was going to say to wear.... but no :)

Mostly for the parts. It was cheap and 4 blocks from where I live so I did not have to pay for shipping. Just for the zipper and the buttons it was worth it. I just bought another 55J14 and it's missing its 2 front pocket button so that will be 2 buttons I won't have to struggle to get.

Also I always thought a repro of the M-445A should have all original leather parts and collar, this one would be perfect for this and I was actually wondering if anyone would be up for the task

ButteMT61

A couple applications of Pecards will fix 'er right up! :lol:
Looks like it got the "HPT" (Hot Prop Treatment)

SuinBruin

bazelot said:
Oops... did I forget to mention the authentic "shrapnel" damage?
What shrapnel damage? I thought that's how the Navy shearlings rolled off the production line...?

bazelot

ButteMT61 said:
A couple applications of Pecards will fix 'er right up! :lol:
Looks like it got the "HPT" (Hot Prop Treatment)

My point exactly!! I will have to buy a whole vat of the damn thing :)

Roughwear

I'll tell you what Tom, just complete the decay process with a bit of tearing.Re-assmbling the jacket correctly would make an amusing party game! :lol:

gruvi

Serious, I know a guy that may be able to restore this, or at least try. He is a neighbor of mine that does clothing for select clientele (movie stars and friends) and he understands leather big time. He started young being mentored by a fellow that was the shiznit with leathers at a once famous facility in NYC. He is working on a vintage HH jacket of mine as well as this summer, when he gets freer time, a few of my G-1s and a slick French made shearling I want tailor fitted. He understands needs of vintage collectors and today he pointed me to his supply of vintage studs, buttons, zippers et al. for those rarer leather et al. items needing restoring. He said him and the mentor are the only ones he knows that can repair shearling so you cant see the fix. Panels tears and such, with near invisible repair!

gruvi

dmar836 said:
Gruvi, If anyone could reassemble it it's Tom. Do it for a show, Tom - maybe a how to thread!
Then I believe the man when he states it is a parts jacket now. :)

bazelot

dmar836 said:
Gruvi, If anyone could reassemble it it's Tom. Do it for a show, Tom - maybe a how to thread!

No can do :)
THis jacket is a basket case. THe only way to fix it would be to make a shearling jacket and reapply all the leather components from this one. I think I will pass. It would be abeautiful jacket though!!!