• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A couple new additions

coolhandluke

Picked up a couple new items this week to display with my 399th FS 369th Group Cable Raincoat. While I have been collecting USGI militaria for 10+ years, I am honestly not very well versed in USAAF items. @Silver Surfer was kind enough to sell me (a new member) the A-11 helmet that he had listed in the marketplace. The Jaffee P-39 print was scored off of eBay from a seller in Hawaii. With postage, the framed print set me back $40 USD. Not sure what the value of the print is, but I think it displays quite nicely with the vintage OD green frame.

20220302_191941.jpg

20220302_190058.jpg
20220302_190156.jpg

Last edited:

Falcon_52

Really nice display, there! Out of curiosity, what is the item that looks like foldable binoculars? Is that a magnifier? I've never seen that before. Anyway, very cool.

Noel

coolhandluke

Really nice display, there! Out of curiosity, what is the item that looks like foldable binoculars? Is that a magnifier? I've never seen that before. Anyway, very cool.

Noel

Those are stereoscopes. They were among a handful of items in a footlocker that came with the jacket. They are used for viewing aerial photography in 3D.

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Thats almost exactly the kind of display I'd have, if I had the room... Loving it.

Thanks for the kind words Brett. Unfortunately,
I don't have much in the way of spare space either. I've downsized my collection pretty significantly after having children and what's left has been relegated to a closet space.

Brettafett

Well, thats a great tribute corner right there... You need to find an original pair of sunnies and maybe a Hobby Master 1/48 P-51 to complete the display ;)
How long the plane remains, depends on the disposition of the kids...