• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A correct bickle patch?

Tim P

there are a number of options for replicas of the king Kong company patch worn in the film taxi driver, all of which are terribly cheaply produced nylon. the original that can be seen on the tanker jacket that survived is a proper hand made theatre affair.
I am looking to have one made, ideally not at massive cost. anyone know any reasonable but competent producers of custom theatre made patches who would be willing and able to produce one?

a2jacketpatches

Got pictures of an original theater made? I'm in the process of making a hand guided embroidery 4th FG for a member here, just the way it was made in Korea using a zig zag stitch. I checked out all of the repops out there and the movie shot isn't good enough for me to determine if I can match it or not. Regardless, my method would certainly look the part as a typical Asian made patch from the 60's but is rather pricey and would take a month.
You'll find the 4th FG in progress here
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=14287

a2jacketpatches

I'll have to download that pic and see how well it blows up. As I see it here, I could certainly get that theater made rough look but would like to see this example in very close detail. Still a very pricey choice compared to the numerous $5.99 copies out there. Around 300- with the detail and lettering. But considering we're on a forum that compares mall jackets to GW's, there you have it.