• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 Sleeve and back length

cknight

I'm getting ready to order a Real Deal A2 from Aero and I have a few questions about the lengths to specify.

For the back, I'd like the top of the wool to be around or a little below my jeans waist when the jacket is zipped. But the jackets tend to blouse, and I think the jacket will hang higher than the back length would indicate. Is there a general difference between the back length and where it hangs that I can use to take this into account?

For the sleeves, I don't want the leather to tunnel too much around the cuff, but I don't want it to ride up too much when I'm driving. Would from the shoulder seam to the top of the thumb knuckle be a good length?

Thanks

Hi cknight,

I have a Real Deal. It's more than 5 years old, but I don't think Aero has changed the pattern much if at all since then. You can contact Aero to see if they have, or maybe somebody else on the forum can chime in. But, here's my advice: I'd make sure you get the front length you want, and the back will pretty much take care of itself. The difference between the front length and the back length of a Real Deal is not all that significant unlike some A-2's, for instance, the 27753 contract, which on a size 40 is almost 3" longer in front than in back. 15542 Real Deals are typically short in the torso, so I had Aero add 1" in body length so the front of the jacket would cover my belt line. Most Real Deal owners that I know have done the same, or if they haven't, they regret it.

As for sleeve length, the thumb knuckle is kind of the standard "rule of thumb." Personally, I like my sleeves/cuffs a bit shorter.

Maybe the best thing you could do is contact Amanda at Aero leathers directly and spell out your desired fit. If nothing else, Aero has great customer service, and both Amanda and Will are very knowledgable and easy to work with. Amanda will know exactly what you are talking about.

Good luck.

stubbyeighth

cknight

Thanks for the reply.

I'm 5'4" and wear a 42S suit. Even then I have to get some whacked off of the sleeves and the jacket is a little longer than ideal. So I will be specifying the exact back and sleeve lengths.
My middle section is a little rounded, so a little more length in the front wouldn't be a bad thing. :)