• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 flight jacket Good Wear David D. Doniger sz 42

greyhound52

Chandler said:
greyhound52 said:
Here you go it is the better of the two of them.

Does that really say that's a 44? Those pockets look tiny.

Chandler

Yes both state 44 and the pockets on the Doniger are small. Smaller than other A2s. Here is an image of a pilot wearing one during the war.

b948.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Chandler said:

It's clearly a 44 on the CD, and John notes: about average compared to other makers' 44s, though the body is quite long.

With the pockets being always the same size, the larger the jacket, the smaller they look.

Chandler

deeb7 said:
With the pockets being always the same size, the larger the jacket, the smaller they look.

That was my thinking, but the pockets look significantly smaller than any of my 44s. I thought maybe the tag was mis-labeled, but Greyhound cleared up the question -- thanks. Learn something new...

Chandler

Andrew

greyhound52 said:
Chandler said:
greyhound52 said:
Here you go it is the better of the two of them.

Chandler

Yes both state 44 and the pockets on the Doniger are small. Smaller than other A2s. Here is an image of a pilot wearing one during the war.

b948.jpg

...and not to mention that the left hand shoulder is always extremely huge. :D

ausreenactor

Getting up early to hit this in the morning..let me know if you are having a dip or we will cost one
another dollars..

Couchy

Dr H

ausreenactor said:
Getting up early to hit this in the morning..let me know if you are having a dip or we will cost one
another dollars..

Couchy

Good luck Couchy - don't forget to bid it up well in case I come to sell mine to Cobblers161! ;)

Seriously, I'll be interested to see what a GW Doni of this spec. is currently 'worth' in the present climate...

Chandler

Chris217 said:
Here's some pics of my GW Doniger, which also is a size 42.
JaciesBirthday016.jpg

Okay, after seeing this GW -- maybe my Gibson & Barnes goatskin isn't so baggy around the waist knit.

Chandler

ausreenactor

I saw the bids coming on and the first bidder just kept holding on...Only two bids on eBay at that time and both with the one seller. Given the seller's less than stellar effort with my lost Perry, was dubious. I am certain we will see it listed again..

Couchy

shiloh

ausreenactor said:
I saw the bids coming on and the first bidder just kept holding on...Only two bids on eBay at that time and both with the one seller. Given the seller's less than stellar effort with my lost Perry, was dubious. I am certain we will see it listed again..

Couchy

Hi Couchy,

I saw the winner on this A-2 jacket was the first bidder. You think it was a sellers act?.
In that case you might see it listed in the near or far future.

regards,

Shiloh