• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 buyers. Who are they? Where they come from?

A

Anonymous

This is the top 25 of the cities that hits to BK site come from.
NY is top 26. Athens appears at no.6 though never sold any jackets to Greece.

top25.jpg

zoomer

Pardon me if I ride my hobbyhorse, which is Americans and our (and others') approach to history.

You're right, most of us don't give a wet flapjack, and those who think they are into it are usually uncritically buying something marketed at them. We believe the market is mostly right because we believe it is mostly "us" and follows progress. Those who don't, by definition, belong to some subculture. If you're American and reading this, you do too.

Now Europeans have more latitude in their culture to appreciate what's old. They don't necessarily believe that if something were any good it would still be marketable. So they've got that going for them. They can also observe America from a distance, which lets them be more accepting.

Japanese understand detail and subtlety. Maybe too well. Think Zen gardens. They also are completely in love with America's past. They fetishize it, and want to capture its essence in physical objects that are as close to The Real Thing as possible.

herk115

PLATON said:
This is the top 25 of the cities that hits to BK site come from.
NY is top 26. Athens appears at no.6 though never sold any jackets to Greece.

top25.jpg

Simi Valley made the list at all? Now that's interesting. Simi can properly be considered a suburb of Los Angeles and it's funny that it got singled out by itself. The only explanation I have for this is that just west of Simi Valley is NAS Pt. Mugu with a large U.S. Navy and U.S. Air Force presence. Most of the air force guys from there (well, they're actually ANG) live in Simi, and that could count for such a small town having such a high interest in A-2s. Simi is also pretty high up there on the wealth and income scale, too. But notice that it's next to Los Angeles. I think it would be more appropriate to consider the two as one.