• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 #5 (or maybe #6)

fishmeok

I should have probably kept track of how many jackets I have made, have to be somewhere around 15-20 by now. This is the 5th (or 6th) A-2 I have made, keep inching closer and closer to a Doniger. It's horsehide that I hand dyed to a medium chocolate brown and has all the usuals- wool knits, cotton liner, Waldes zip.

Cheers
Mark

IMG_4465.jpg

IMG_4468.jpg

IMG_4461.jpg

IMG_4458.jpg

IMG_4434.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4442.jpg

Jason

Looking very Doniger-esque, great job with the sleeves. Bit of work to go on the collar - but damn! - what a fantastic job Mark. Congratulations on your very fine efforts.

Roughwear

Mark each jacket you make is better than the one before. Your latest appears to be a cross between the S.H. Knopf no name contract and a Doniger. Congratulations.

fishmeok

Thanks for the compliments. I have no original to look at so I spend a lot of time running up and down the stairs to look at pics on the computer....

I'm more concerned with getting the basic body pattern correct for the proper fit and feel, but I figured since the pattern is mostly based on a Doniger I might as well head that way with the details. It's never going to be exact, but it might as well be pretty close. A-2's are much more complicated than they seem, takes a while to get things figured out.
Cheers
Mark