• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

90th Bomb Group Jolly Rogers

Weasel_Loader

Just wanted to share some photos of my uncles unit patches. He's no longer around, but my aunt saved them and showed them to me last time I visited her. Looked through many of his photos he took while overseas in 1944-45. Since he was the one taking the photos, there are no photos of him with his flight jacket on. Many photos of others from his unit wearing A-2s and with these patches on the left and right chest. The only photo I have of my uncle with a flight jacket is of him and his crew wearing brand new B-10s before they shipped out to the Pacific.

90th Bomb Group
IMG_0876.jpg

319th Bomb Squadron
IMG_0877.jpg

Reproduction
8ea24e13.jpg

Andrew

Fantastic Danny, I love those designs.

I hope she eventually passes them and the photos on to someone who appreciates them and knows what they are- you :p .

Maybe you could offer to scan them for her to make sure there's a good record of them.

Weasel_Loader

I just might do that next time I'm up her way. My three cousins were never that interested in his service as I was. Who knows if she passes them onto me. I'll never forget my aunt telling me after he passed that he never talked about his service as it brought back too many bad memories. That all changed in 1987 when I joined the Air Force and I went to visit him. He opened up and talked about everything and many of the stories, my aunt had never heard herself. :) I miss him dearly.

EMBLEMHUNTER

Hello , per chance you don't already know this the round patch with the "Jolly Rogers" title and the skull crossed bombs is in the 319th Squadrons colors , the four Squadrons all had this design but had thier squadron colors on the background with different color of the inner rings too, they are as follows.............................
319th Blue with red ring
320th Red w/darker red ring
321st Green with white ring
400th Black with red wing
The skull and bombs are white on all 4
Johnny