• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70's G1 [BEVO flag]

Erwin

Nice BEVO woven flag, characteristic for USMC G1's from the late NAM era. Nice project jacket - for example a pattern donor.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Erwin

Very nice indeed, I hope that nobody would be offended and admins are not leftists to cry about this BEVO example.

Pilot

Very nice indeed, I hope that nobody would be offended and admins are not leftists to cry about this BEVO example.
My topic of collecting…
Have approx 32 of them, most of them sewn originally on the tunics/jackets…
Complaining about prices :) … those memorabilias are really engulfing €€€$$¥¥¥¥

Erwin

True, these artifacts were stolen by liberators especially, but very often if left in Europe in most cases artifacts would be destroyed. OK, I'll not bother You via this thread.

Regards

Pilot

True, these artifacts were stolen by liberators especially, but very often if left in Europe in most cases artifacts would be destroyed. OK, I'll not bother You via this thread.

Regards
Very appreciate your comments and input! 1000% agree

Wholenineyards

Thanks Erwin, I love the “Bevo” part ( plus the rest :) ).
Bevo is as far as I know a terminology used for WWII German insigna…
But yeah, glad to read “Bevo” is also in , in US issued gear.
I just came upon this thread, and since I have never had doings with anything BEVO I did a quick checking out. Apparently BEVO is short for '*B*andfabrik *E*wald *Vo*rsteher, Tagfactory Ewald Vorsteher, located in Wuppertal, Germany. Interesting tidbit to know, thank you for bringing it up.

Pilot

I just came upon this thread, and since I have never had doings with anything BEVO I did a quick checking out. Apparently BEVO is short for '*B*andfabrik *E*wald *Vo*rsteher, Tagfactory Ewald Vorsteher, located in Wuppertal, Germany. Interesting tidbit to know, thank you for bringing it up.
Well done! Thankyou!

Chandler

I'd always heard those CBI patches referred to as "bullion." A form of knot-stitching. Though I'm not sure about that American flag.

Erwin

Chander, I've never heard about a bullion patch made without actual bullion springs/wires. I'm not aware of what you call this in the USA, sorry. German or European bullion patches are usually designed to use bullion springs/wires, especially for higher-ranked personnel. Very similar to some USN name patches after WW2 for units stationed in occupied Japan [with English and Japanese transcriptions, these are always super nice!].

This flag on the jacket is a standard machine-woven 5x3, a bit similar [just differently woven stars] to these made by Wolf-Brown Inc. But I'd not call it bullion woven, just my opinion [I might be wrong]. It looks like the Jacquard technique, aka BeVo for some gimps.
bevo.JPG
bevo2.JPG