• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Martin Lane

watchmanjimg

I traded a beautiful '69 Martin Lane with mouton to Greyhound52 recently, but my understanding is that '69 was a transitional year. This jacket looks to have a Dynel collar.

Atticus

The texture appears like that of my Alpha B-15C's Dynel collar when my B-15C was new. But I've bought new mouton to go on jackets, and it has texture like that, too.

AF

watchmanjimg

I thought the texture looked like mouton as well, but I've never seen one that dark. Given the date I can only assume it's Dynel.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
I just bought a '68 Martin Lane, with mouton, and it is that dark. The eBay jacket does look like Dynel to me, but I guess it needs to be seen in person.

Atticus

We could write the seller and ask him to burn a chunk of his jacket's collar. If the smoke smells like a charred sheep and not like a New Jersey chemical fire, we'll know the answer. :p

AF