• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

390th FS....canvas to leather

ties70

Hi,

Here is an example for a transformation of a canvas squadron patch to leather.

The picture of the original wasn't very good, so I had to start with creating my own pattern. A quick check on the web brought up a good version of a shield-formed patch...totally different squadron but the size, colors and general dimensions were correct.

For previous reproductions of canvas patches I have "improved" the basic design, added more details and so on...This time I wanted to be closer to the original artwork, keeping details on a basic level, just imitating the 3-dimensional impression of the woven original by adding some shading.

Hope you like it.

390thFS_comparison.jpg

Ties

CBI

Looks good. The guy who was selling the orig on eBay sells many patches. The listings make for has some great reference photos!

Congrats

dujardin

splendddddddddddddddddddddddidddddddddddddd

i like it

marcel

welllllllllll heuuuuuuuuuuuuuu this one is made for me
again...

yes i know, i need a therapy :mrgreen:

dujardin

Persimmon said:
Cool patch Ties.
Its got that well worn look.
Just needs a good looking A2 to put in on

wellll, i think to place this beauty on a M41 (repro) to match the photo i have in my book.

photo also present in the ebay listing of the original canvas patch for sale some weeks ago.

byeeeeeeeeeee marcel