• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

375th Bomb Squadron (H) , 308th Bomb Group

ties70

Hi,

here is the reaper once more...this time on a patch for the 375th BS....

morsabalto.jpg

Ties

TankBuster

Very well done indeed! I see you added more detail than what is normally
seen on this patch. It's often seen in multi piece leather, so the details
are not very crisp. It's neat to see your patch with the extra interpretation!

ties70

TankBuster said:
Very well done indeed! I see you added more detail than what is normally
seen on this patch. It's often seen in multi piece leather, so the details
are not very crisp. It's neat to see your patch with the extra interpretation!

I have to admit that the process of painting these things sometimes gets out of my hands and I have to focus hard on not going over the top with the extra details... ;)

I have seen the patch in his usual (multi-piece leather) artwork. I would suggest that we could see some amazing copies of that one from DUBOWA2...
I do not have a sewing machine , yet, so I started painting...and somehow got lost in the details. Makes the patch look kinda cartoon-like. Looks really nice but to be honest: In WWII the guys wouldn't have had enough time to do these in larger quantities...

Ties

A

Anonymous

Hi Ties nice work on all the patches you have done ,I have been folowing them as you do them .If you do decide to get a sewing machine and make patches out of leather I will help you any way I can to speed up you learning curve so you will not make the mistakes that I made .Your hands show us how skillful you are for detailing ,and I would bet you would make great leather patches .I could get you up and running for less tha $50.00 .Best regards to your Dad I trust he is doing well .

013-1.jpg

apologies if you seen this one before

All the best Jeff

atkins

Ties, excellent job my friend!
I read somewhere that the grim reaper's name is Oscar, or is it 304th Bomb Group's mascot? I'll try to find more info later. A very cool looking patch indeed!

Atkins