• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

373rd Bomb Squadron Patch

a2jacketpatches

BS003.jpg

BS004.jpg

BS003.jpg

Very tedious and a little confusing but I think it's pretty close. Got it listed in Ebay if interested, I'm in no hurry to do another so grab it if ya like it.

a2jacketpatches

BS005.jpg

This was done using veg tanned calfskin, Thinned dk green paint for the dragon, heavy bodied oil paint for the blue base ( original was heavily painted and cracked, this will do the same once the oil has completely cured ) I couldn't get it to pre-crack, that only happens when I don't want it to. I tried my best to duplicate this patch, I'll post a photo of the original soon.

The paint I use is a collection of many years, I buy the oldest I can find at estate and yard sales. Harry hall of the 401st BG told me all about it. He bought a simple set of oils in London while on leave and used this and that for thinner and tinting. HH was the painter of many beautiful A2's, pin ups. There is a small collection of his jacket back photos in several books. I have one called Classy Chassy that he initialed for me. He asked what else when I asked what type of paint he used.