• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

34th Bombardment Group Patch Color

Jaguar46

Does anyone know which is the original 34th Bombardment Group (Doolittle Raiders) patch color is? Specifically the one worn at the time of the Bombardment of Tokyo. I have seen numerous black and white pictures, and recall seeing a museum patch which was the brown colored one.

Dolittle_Raider_Plane_1Small.jpg

DoolittleRaiderPatch.jpg

Doolittle_Patch.jpg

Jaguar46

2 museum jackets, 1 has the 34th BG patch. Looks original. These 2 jackets look to be vintage, and show the patch to have the brown perimeter.

Dolittle_Raider_Plane_1.jpg

070531-F-1234P-010.jpg

Copyof070531-F-1234P-010.jpg

EMBLEMHUNTER

I was lucky enough to be able to meet him personally a couple years back here in Florida at a local air show, great man and glad to have been able to give him my thanks for all he and the other "Doolitlle" raiders did for us all back then, too many are passing everyday, so all you members if you get the opportunity to meet any veteran of WW-2 one on one , make sure and extend a sincere and heartfelt thank you and hand shake to them !
Johnny