• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

30s half belt jacket, KWIK zipper

jack aranda

Looks like goat, well-broken in with lots of life left in it. What are the measurements? To the right buyer in the right size, might be worth a bit.

dmar836

If you reline it, and put it on Ebay to let the market decide, I doubt it would bring $1000. With used jackets that's about the best indicator. The facts that it is "repaired" with a replacement liner and with it having no original label are marks against it unfortunately. Walk into a shop in Japan with it and that may be your best bet but who can justify that in the sale price?
I've not watched all the vintage jackets that sell on Ebay but I'm not sure I've seen any similar jackets bring that much.
Now if it is a smaller size, the market will be more limited.
With the shipping scare Platon posted about, I, for one, wouldn't risk too much in an overseas purchase.
Great looking jacket for sure!
Keep us informed,
Dave

M. from Berlin

Whats the best material for replacement liner? Cotton, wool, rayon......wich color?

Measures in the next few days.
I would say size Medium.

Thanks Mario.

bjoy

M. from Berlin said:
Whats the best material for replacement liner? Cotton, wool, rayon......wich color?

I have a similar jacket which is all original circa 1941 based on the zipper -- it is lined with brown plaid wool in both the body and sleeves.

8560961948_f30df32613_z.jpg