• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

305th Can Do jackets

greyhound52

Thanks to Danny and Jim I was able to get these patches and one of these great jackets. Got it patched up with vintage 1960s patches. Not one for patching jackets but thought these looked great.
See Danny's jacket here
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3432
L-2B F model 1965

photo1.jpg

MA-1 D model 1963 (MASH repro using original materials)
photo.jpg

Also got an original 1965 model of the B-58 that I had as a kid. Includes dropping bomb cool.
8481_1.jpg

zoomer

Those drop-the-bomb models were fun. I built the Monogram SBD many years ago, which swung the bomb down on a little fork when you pushed a switch behind the wing.

Disclaimer: link to god-botherer modeler's site. zoomer endorses no particular creed or lack thereof.

Weasel_Loader

Love it George!!! Can't argue about the coolness of the old model also. Seems that's all I loved to do as a kid was building models. Sad that kids these days want nothing to do with them (at least mine). :roll:

greyhound52

Weasel_Loader said:
Love it George!!! Can't argue about the coolness of the old model also. Seems that's all I loved to do as a kid was building models. Sad that kids these days want nothing to do with them (at least mine). :roll:

Same here it is video games :|

zoomer

I got out of it when I realized I would never be into it enough. There was always something more to do, or something to do better.

Peter Graham

greyhound52 said:
Weasel_Loader said:

Same here it is video games :|
Think yourself lucky. My young boy goes on and on about wanting to build my models. I have a stash in the garage to build when I eventually get the time.

watchmanjimg

I've had a Monogram Superscale (1/48) B-17 unassembled in box since the mid-80s. I bought it with the hope of building it with my father because as a teenager I thought it might be the one thing we could agree on. ;) We still haven't built it yet, perhaps because thankfully we don't argue much anymore. We should probably get to work on it anyway.

greyhound52

patch02.jpg

Got the larger patch as mentioned by Danny but not as big as his only 4.5 by 4.5 Replaced the 4 in one with this new one.