• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

22" CROWN CHEVRON ZIPPER BROWN TAPE

atkins

Found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-Crown-Zipper-f ... 1|294%3A50

26zip.jpg

The teeth is 22", the last item similar was sold at $250-ish i think.

Regards,
Atkins

Peter Graham

I've bought a zipper and some knits from this seller before. Seems to be OK. A bargain Crown ? Not any more !

Peter Graham

atkins said:
Peter, what length of zipper for what size jacket was it? I'm collecting knowledge here.
I can't remember what length it was but it was a Conmar I bought for a size 36 B-15. I think it may have been 22". It was slightly too long for the jacket. Sorry that I can't be more specific but I sold both the jacket and the zipper.

ties70

Some of these old CROWNS can be bad surprises:
I remember that Uwe Zankl once told me about one of his original jackets with a pristine looking CROWN zipper....when he closed the jacket for the first time the teeth disintegrated into crumps and zinc dust.

Atkins,
if you think about buying the CROWN I would definitely aks for better pics of the teeth...I do not think the pictures look too good and as the seller already states that he would use the zipper only for a static jacket display I would be careful.

Ties

Roughwear

This shouldn't sell for $250 as the seller says it should only be for dsiplay and hints the teeth are fragile.

atkins

ties70 said:
Some of these old CROWNS can be bad surprises:
I remember that Uwe Zankl once told me about one of his original jackets with a pristine looking CROWN zipper....when he closed the jacket for the first time the teeth disintegrated into crumps and zinc dust.

Atkins,
if you think about buying the CROWN I would definitely aks for better pics of the teeth...I do not think the pictures look too good and as the seller already states that he would use the zipper only for a static jacket display I would be careful.

Ties

:eek: Thank god someone outbid me! From the picture it clearly show certain dullness on the teeth, yep, and it looks fragile. Thanks for the heads up Ties.

Atkins