• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Ralph Edwards G-1

Curahee

The delivery guy just made my day, received a '61 Ralph Edwards in almost mint condition. It's the very rare 1961 7823B contract which was made in the same year with the 7823A series. It has a blackened CONMAR zipper and the single ply rib-rack waitstband. Leather is a very heavy/dark (almost black) chocolate brown and is quite heavy. The jacket was worn but very little from the looks of it no patches were ever attached to the jacket, no dry spots, knits are without moth holes, snags etc, zippertape 100% intact, buttons all present and accounted for, mouton is still fluffy with no fur loss or discoloration, lining is clean and intact and more brownish than the later olive green, label has faded a little but not too much to be still readable anyway.....

7823B011.jpg

7823B009.jpg

7823B006.jpg

7823B003.jpg

7823B004.jpg

7823B005.jpg

7823B008.jpg

7823B001.jpg

7823B010.jpg

A

Anonymous

An absolute peach of a score Jeroen. Now we need to see you wearing it and then some more after you've put a little wear on it. :D

A 'keeper' if ever I saw one. Enjoy a long and healthy association with it.

Dave

Jason

Magnificent! Hope you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay to secure this beauty?
I've been wearing my IB Foster 7823B the last few bleak winter days here, and getting the occasional approving look from passers-by. These B series G-1s are just so stylish IMHO

Curahee

Thanks for all the compliments, I paid $350 for it which I think is a fair price considering its age,condition and rareness. These jackets are hard to find so I'm very pleased with it, I will post a photo of me in it asap but we are having rainshowers overhere so for now you have to make due with these pics.